Management outline: Controlling work flow
- Walk into the future. Senge, Peter M. // Executive Excellence;Apr99, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p9
Examines changes in the basic aspects of organizations in the late 1990s. Includes the use of intuition in management; Management of performance in a way that is more consistent with how nature works; Pitfalls of quantitative measurement; Distribution of power and authority in order to release...
- The only people who really change... Don't wait for the fatal moment. Williamsen, Mike // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Oct2010, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p70
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of assisting an organization in south central Russia.
- ORGANIZATIONAL ARTERIOSCLEROSOS: ITS DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT. Glaser, Edward M. // Advanced Management Journal;Winter65, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p21
Discusses the application of the concept of arteriosclerosis to organizations. Diagnosis and treatment of organizational arteriosclerosis; Symptoms of organization arteriosclerosis; Factors predisposing an organization to the organizational disorder; Psychological considerations in the...
- THE MANAGEMENT THEORY JUNGLE REVISITED. Woolf, Donald Austin // Advanced Management Journal;Fall65, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p6
Assesses the various theories of management. Definition of a theory of management; Origins of organization and management; Approaches to management theory; Description of the organization-centered approach to management theory; Discussion on the person-centered approach to management theory.
- 27 QUESTIONS TO IMPROVE YOUR SYSTEMS. Taylor, W. Sidney // Advanced Management Journal;Winter67, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p88
Presents a list of questions designed to trigger ideas, improvements or simplification in the management or operation of large and complex systems of an organization.
- Managing the right project. Sanderson, Mike // Advanced Management Journal (03621863);Winter82, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p59
Discusses how problem recognition may successfully be applied to avoid managing the wrong project. Importance of problem recognition; Discussion of problem recognition as an art; Procedures to make the art of problem recognition a more acceptable skill.
- Managing by Numbers. Magretta, Joan // Executive Excellence;May2002, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
Offers tips and advice on management. Using simple numbers to get everyone to face a common reality; Importance of numbers in determining the performance of organizations; Using numbers to examine the larger patterns and take appropriate actions.
- Enterprise Fitness. Covington, John // Executive Excellence;May2002, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p8
Offers management advice in relation to improving performance. Examples of improvement methodologies; Improving quality and productivity which provide leaders with better ways to do things and measure results; Measures of organizational performance in relation to purpose and relationships.
- Pitfalls in Performance. Brache, Alan P. // Executive Excellence;May2002, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p9
Focuses on performance improvement pitfalls in organizations. Failure to address the unique needs of the organization; Failure to establish strategy as the improvement driver; Failure to balance the human and structural variables.