Have baby, will work
- IGNORE THE COURT FEES HIKE. Hill, Morris // Community Care;6/19/2008, Issue 1727, p6
The author reflects on the increase of costs of child care court proceedings from Â£150 to Â£5,225 in Great Britain. He claims that the fee could put children at risk of harm as it would likely hamper the issuance of care order proceedings. He likewise notes the need for personnel management...
- Friend of the family. // Personnel Today;6/17/2008, p23
The article presents information on a survey on childcare voucher schemes offered by companies in Great Britain. The survey found that three-quarters of companies offer a childcare voucher scheme and half of those companies have less than 6% take-up. The survey was carried out in association...
- Strategies for Swing-Shift Child Care. // Workforce (10928332);Jun2001, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p94
Addresses questions related to personnel management in the United States. Factors to be considered in establishing child-care centers at offices; Approaches to implement employee-appraisal programs; Creation of career-development units.
- Childcare. Golding, Nick // Employee Benefits;May2006, p67
The article discusses the efforts of the government to raise the tax-free cap on childcare vouchers to 55 pounds per week and a grant for small and medium seized organizations to aid the funding of workplace childcare in Great Britain. Child care vouchers and workplace nursery schemes are both...
- Warner reviews childcare hiring. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/14/2008, Issue 2808, p3
The article reports that Mark Warner in Great Britain has reviewed its staff hiring procedures following an exposÃ© in a documentary on childcare. An undercover journalist took a job with Mark Warner and uncovered two occasions when hiring procedures were not followed correctly. A spokesman...
- Parents given holiday help. Lovewell, Debbie // Employee Benefits;Aug2004, p9
Reports on British employers' revitalization of childcare schemes. Shortage of affordable childcare during summer holidays; Average of cost of childcare service during summer; Launch of "bring your child to work" programs.
- Careless Employers Shown up by Report. // Management Services;Mar1990, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p42
A report published recently by the Institute of Personnel Management (IPM) claims that less than three percent of all private sector employers provide any form of childcare assistance for their employees. What provision there is, is heavily concentrated in financial and business services in...
- Day care dilemma. Merline, J.W. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Feb1991, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p38
Reports that neighborhood day care centers across America are being shut down because local zoning laws prohibit people from operating businesses out of their homes. How some states are granting exemptions to day care services; Cost of day care.
- Interagency alliances link young and old. // Children Today;Sep/Oct86, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p21
There is growing evidence regarding the effectiveness of intergenerational programs for both young and old, yet there are few such programs. A successful one in Penn. is profiled and this article serves as a guide for establishing such a program.Objectives; Methodology; Outcomes; Conclusions;...