Treasury Letter Leaves Lawyers Debating Tribal Bonds Issue
- Lessons of Orange County Ignored, Haines Warns. Hume, Lynne // Bond Buyer;3/8/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32334, p1
The article reports the warning issued by Martha Mahan Haines, chief of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's Office of Municipal Securities, that state and local officials refuse to learn from the Orange County, California, debacle by failing to ensure that the information in the...
- Top Tax Policy Official Says Reform Is A Priority, But Evaluation Continues. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;7/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32423, p5
The article reports on the priority given by the United States Treasury Department to federal tax reform. The agency however will not be moving on any proposals in the near future according to Eric Solomon, the department's top tax policy official. One of the proposals would eliminate the...
- A Subtle Change In Muni Swaps. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/21/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 16, p11
Reports on the U.S. municipal bond sector as of April 21, 2003. Strong new issue volume; Municipal bond swaps market players' use of the London Interbank Offered Rate (Libor) instead of the Municipal Swap Index; Reasons for the preference for Libor; Influence of 'non-traditional' investors on...
- Yields Rise 1 to 2 Basis Points; D.C. Sells $330 Million of GOs. Chelsa, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31680, p2
Reports on the rise in yields from New York City's municipal bonds on July 17, 2003. Sale of general obligation bonds by District of Columbia; Bonds offered in the market; Yields from other bonds.
- Munis Firm as N.Y. Opens Retail On $2 Billion Tobacco Financing. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p2
Reports on the trading of government securities in the U.S. on November 14, 2003. Retail orders in the municipal bond market; Trading of Treasury bonds; Major deals.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, August 22. // Bond Buyer;08/23/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30960, p2
Presents a table of the performance of United States municipal bonds and government securities as a whole as of August 22, 2000.
- MIDWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;08/23/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30960, p22
Presents a table of municipal bonds issued by Midwestern states of the of the United States as of August 23, 2000. Government obligation bonds issued by Illinois; Amount of prison bonds issued by the Indiana State Building Commission; Underwriters employed by the states.
- Muni Prices End Narrowly Mixed; Merrill Set to Price N.J. for Retail. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;10/03/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30988, p2
Reports on the performance of the United States municipal market on October 2, 2000. Linking of light trading to the stabilization of prices in the last week of September 2000; Dollar bond trading; Improvement of demand patterns; Rise in insurers' demand for high-grade intermediates.
- Municipal Bond Index. // Bond Buyer;12/5/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31278, p42
Presents Municipal Bond Index and prices of government securities as of December 5, 2001 in the U.S. Number of contracts traded in treasury notes on December 3, 2001; Prices of treasury notes; Options on municipal futures.