Thriving on pressure
- It's a juggle out there. Lapp, Janet E. // Journal of Property Management;May/Jun95, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p14
Discusses several ways on how property managers can reduce job stress. Tips to reduce top stressors; Reducing junk input; Learning to say no; Creating space for synthesis; `Rubber-banding' your mind; List of stress symptoms.
- Taking the pressure off. Raudsepp, Eugene // Marriage Partnership;Summer94, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p71
Provides tips for combatting work stress. Taking a work break; Changing one's routine; Getting to the root of the fatigue; Bolstering one's personal life.
- Turning Frowns Upside Down. // Skin Deep;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p48
The article presents several tweets and microblogs on what can turn a challenging work day to be a happy one.
- Debriefing tool can relieve stress. Kentel, Stefanie // Nursing Management - UK;Dec2011, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p10
No abstract available.
- Do You Have The Time? Glenn, Chris // Review of Ophthalmology;Aug2000, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p17
Comments on the importance of allotting time for relaxation to prevent work stress. Importance of balance in stress management; Need for adults to embrace the carefree lifestyle of children during leisure time.
- Cut stress now. Wanko, Michael A. // Education Digest;Mar1995, Vol. 60 Issue 7, p40
Presents stress management techniques for teachers. Emotional redirection; Background music; On-the-job vacation in the office; Time management; Fixed breathing.
- Stressed Out. Perry, Phillip M. // American Nurseryman;07/15/99, Vol. 190 Issue 2, p90
Offers advice to commercial horticulturists on how to prevent workplace stress. Effects of stress on an employee's performance; Determining symptoms of stress; Three types of stress; Open communication between an employee and a manager; Encouraging humor in the workplace.
- Ease work stress with yoga. Schaeffer, Rachel // Natural Health;Jul2001, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p59
Presents yoga exercises for easing job stress. Improvement of posture; Eyestrain relief; Muscle stiffness; Sharpening of mental focus.
- Life has enough stress, who needs it at work? Iannucci, Lisa // Hudson Valley Business Journal;9/23/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p13
Focuses on the stress-relieving programs employed at business enterprises in the U.S. Use of soothing music and toning tables at Health, Relaxation and You in Wappingers Falls; Initiation of cookouts and morning walks at U.S. Lawns in Lakeland, Florida; Provision of entertainment facilities at...