- Internet, computers, distance education and people failure: Research on technology. Eddy, John Paul; Spaulding, Donald // Education;Spring96, Vol. 116 Issue 3, p391
Focuses on the Internet as an educational tool. Misuse and abuse of the Internet and distance education courses; Internet issues.
- Techtalk: Designing online developmental education courses. Caverly, David C.; MacDonald, Lucy // Journal of Developmental Education;Fall99, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p36
Presents suggestions on designing online developmental education courses. Demand for online distance education courses; Provision of students with course handouts, instructional materials and links to developmental education Web sites; Requirement of student interactivity in online courses.
- ThinkQuest: Learning that is teamwork-driven. Lightner, Brent // Multimedia Schools;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p18
Presents the author's account on his participation in the ThinkQuest Internet-based education program. Educational accomplishments; Motivation in joining the program; Knowledge of the Internet prior to joining the program; Perspectives on the use of the Internet in education. INSETS: About...
- INVESTIGAR EN Y LA VIRTUALIDAD. Le�n, Luis // Apertura: Revista de Innovaciï¿½n Educativa;Aug2006, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p6
No abstract available.
- ED's Oasis: Teacher support for Internet use. Gray, Terrie // T H E Journal;Mar98, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p62
Features ED's Oasis, a multi-function Web site developed by a team of educators to help teachers use the Internet with their students. Aim to foster the growth of a professional learning community; Opportunities for colleagues to share their expertise, experience and concerns; ED's Oasis staff...
- Sunchild cyberschool opens. Taillon, Joan // Alberta Sweetgrass;Aug2001, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p14
Reports accredited online high school courses offered by the Sunchild Cyber School in Alberta. Website of the school; Recruiting of department heads and contract employees for the school; Flexibility in the management of the school.
- Four Steps to Building E-Learning Success. Lewis, Jason; Michaluk, Dan // Workforce (10928332);May2002, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p42
Provides tips on establishing and launching an electronic learning program for employees. Identification of selection criteria and constraints; Selection of Web site vendors; Development of a training course; Implementation of electronic learning program. INSET: Tips for FieldTesting...
- Western Governors' University opens. // State Government News;Oct98, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p7
Features the Western Governors' University (WGU), an online university in the United States. Proponents of the program; Web site address of WGU.
- Industry Net links. // Training & Development;Sep98, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p30
Lists the Internet sites that offer distance learning information in North America. Includes www.arthurandersen.com/aavln of Arthur Andersen Virtual Learning Network; Lotus Development Corp.'s www.lotus.com; Avalon Information Technologies' www.atlantis.com/-avalon/ahome.htm; NEC America's...