TBMA Asks S&P to Do Narrative-Based Derivative Analyses
- S & P Downgrades Maine GOs to AA. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;5/28/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31894, p4
Reports on the negative ratings issued by the United States-based financial rating firm, Standard & Poor's Corp., on the general obligation bond of Maine. State's weak liquidity position; Plan of the state to sell annual general obligation bond; Anticipation for the Fitch Ratings decision on the...
- A positive downgrade? // Caribbean Business;5/31/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p24
The author reflects on Standard and Poor's Corp.'s (S&P) credit rating of the Puerto Rico's general obligation bonds. According to the author, S&P downgraded the credit rating of the Commonwealth's general obligation bonds. The author shares the S&P reasons for downgrading the ratings of the bonds.
- S&P 'Re-Benchmarks' Muni Credits, Stressing Management, Flexibility. CAMPBELL, DAKIN // Bond Buyer;5/7/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32875, p24
The article focuses on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s (S&P) re-benchmarking of U.S. municipal bonds with special focus on the management of the issuer. Several changes have been made by S&P to the ratings of municipal issuers in the past few months. It is stated that the changes were done to reflect...
- NORTH CAROLINA: Harnett Water Bonds Boosted. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/31/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32930, p9
The article reports on the upgrade made by Standard & Poor's Corp. on its rating for Harnett County's 2007 water and sewer system revenue bonds from A to AA-minus in North Carolina. The agency also applies modern rating for the county's taxable enterprise system revenue bonds. Linda Yip, the...
- ARIZONA: Avondale Gets a Boost. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/31/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32498, p39
The article reports on the recent bond rating given by Standard & Poor's Corp. to the general obligation bonds of the government of Avondale, Arizona. Data discloses that the city's bonds are rated A-plus from A based on its population-driven economic diversification, strong general fund balance...
- S&P Finds Most Muni Issuers Score on the Lower-Risk End. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p7
The article focuses on the report of Standard & Poor's Corp., which states that swaps used by the vast majority of municipal issuers present minimal downside risks to them and may have the potential to improve their financial condition over a longer period of time. Peter Block, director at...
- Keeping Score on Swaps. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;9/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31980, p1
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has released the outline of their newly developed scoring system in the U.S. Use of the system to measure municipal derivatives risk; Development of the system in response to the increased use of derivatives; Components used by the system.
- S&P Puts Puerto Rico on CreditWatch. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;3/23/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32345, p4
The article reports that Standard & Poor's has placed Puerto Rico's BBB rating for general obligations debt and related ratings on CreditWatch negative. The ratings agency cited the commonwealth's more than $1 billion structural budget imbalance. The absence of additional revenues raises an S&P...
- Independence, Ore., GO Outlook Revised to Negative by S&P. // Bond Buyer;9/11/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33780, p1
The article offers information that the company Standard & Poor's Ratings Services has degraded the rating of the general obligation bonds of Independence, Oregon.