DHCD Chief Stays On
- 2008 Agency Awards of Merit Application Now Online. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p16
The article announces that the final deadline for applications for the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials' (NAHRO) 2008 Awards of Merit in Washington D.C. is until December 28, 2007. NAHRO offers the early bird application rate of $50 to those agencies that have never...
- MARKET REPORT: Strategy for local communities. // Marketing Week;8/7/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p21
The article presents the restoration strategies for local communities as suggested by the Conservative commission in Great Britain. The commission recommends a future Conservative government to play a leadership role in the promotion of town management partnership initiatives. It allows the...
- RDA chief: our rights and wrongs. Walker, Ben // Regeneration & Renewal;6/1/2009, p3
The article reports on the development of the regional development agencies in England. Steve Broomhead of North-West Development Agency (NWDA) states that the agencies have improved immeasurably from its early days through ensuring the spending of annual budget by deadline. He adds that the...
- Standards promote green space access. Webb, Flemmich // Planning (14672073);3/14/2008, Issue 1761, p5
The article reports that Natural England, the British government's environmental agency, launched standards that are set to provide access to green spaces and make them closer to the homes of residents. The agency demanded that developers, government officials and planners should make sure that...
- Good works! Rajah, La Tonya C. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p29
Reviews a selection of outstanding housing and community development designs. Includes Arvada Multifamily Distressed Initiative, Colorado; Glen Eden Apartments, California; Southwick Place Townhomes, Ohio; Somerhill Estates, Kentucky.
- State reports. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p39
Features reports on several states related to housing and community development. Grants for the homeless in New York; Wisconsin Division of Housing to award $24 million in housing funds; Idaho Housing Agency to provide $900,000 in tax credits for developers; HOME program for disabled in Delaware.
- City reports. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p40
Presents updates on housing and community developments in the cities of the United States. Public housing community in St. Louis, Missouri; Housing commission clients in San Diego, California; Affordable housing tax credit partnership in Montgomery County, Maryland.
- City reports. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p39
Presents housing and community development-related news in various cities in the United States. Construction of housing from homeless AIDS victims in Boston, Massachusetts; Low-cost housing program in San Diego, California; Construction of low and middle-income houses in Columbus, Ohio.
- REDEVELOPMENT THAT WORKS. // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p29
Presents several housing and community development projects in the United States. Concept of the Harold Hartwell Court Family Development project; Description of the Brownstones Family Housing Development project; Information on the project of Ceres Farm Labor Housing; Overview on the El Paseo...