Forestland Bond Plan
- Conservation on the Canadian Border. // New Republic;4/16/30, Vol. 62 Issue 802, p232
Provides information on the results of the hearing for the Shipstead-Newton-Nolan bill in Canada. Control of the immense lake and forest area lying in Canada and the United States; Efforts of the public officials to prohibit dams and logging within four hundred feet of recreational waterways in...
- Brazil's forests at risk under new proposed law. // CFA Newsletter;Mar2012, Issue 56, p19
The article reports on the government-sponsored Forest Code proposal that gained criticism and protest from environmental activists due to its negative implications in forestry in Brazil.
- Fighting Fire With Pork. Suderman, Peter // Reason;Jan2010, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p13
The article discusses the cancellation of the bill by Congress related to planned use of stimulus funds for fighting wildfires.
- Healthy Forests And Clear Skies -- Or Endless Regulation. Connaughton, James L. // Environmental Forum;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p16
Provides information on the Healthy Forests Initiative and the Clear Skies legislation in the U.S. Terms under the Clear Skies legislation.
- Trees dont thrive where they are resented. Cox, Steve // Forestry & British Timber;2007 Supplement, p2
The author offers his views regarding the lack of coordination between local planning authorities and tree owners to improve the arboriculture industry in Great Britain. He has noticed several elements that are destroying public trust in local councils and these include those authority officers...
- Dan's the wood fuel man! // Forestry & British Timber;Oct2005, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p11
Discusses the appointment of former naval officer Daniel Gates as a woodfuel information officer for Forestry Commission Scotland. Role of Gates in helping to get the emerging wood-fuel industry on to its feet in eastern central Scotland; Modern technology's development of sophisticated,...
- Bills Affecting Secretary of State's Office to Go Into Effect Soon. // State Journal (WV);6/8/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p18
The article presents information on legislative bills affecting the office of the secretary of state that were passed by West Virginia Legislature in the 2012 session and are going to be in effect.
- Road Bill Clears Senate. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/19/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33700, p9
The article reports that the Senate Bill (SB) 339 passed by the Alabama Senate to the House authorizing the issuance of 650-million dollar revenue bonds for highways, roads, and bridges will enable the Alabama Highway Authority to issue bonds secured by 13-cent per gallon tax on diesel fuel.
- Baucus: More PABs, No AMT. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;12/11/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33021, p1
The article reports on the remarks of Senate Finance Committee chairman Max Baucus on the economic stimulus legislation and a bailout of automakers in the U.S. He said that stimulus bill would allow state and local governments to issue additional private-activity bonds not subject to the...