- Fitch Lowers Florida High-Risk Insurer, Gives Negative Outlook. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/27/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32247, p1
Reports on the move of Fitch Ratings Inc. to lower the ratings for the bond issued by Citizens Property Insurance Corp. in Florida. Indication of the downgrade in the insurer's significant losses; Amount of outstanding debt of the insurer; Assurance of the ratings agency that bondholders are...
- MBTA Plans $816 Million Sales Tax Deal, Mostly Refunding. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32070, p4
Reports the plan of the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority to sell senior sales tax bonds in deal that is mostly refunding and expected to generate savings. Senior manager for the fixed-rate deal; Moody's Investors Service's rating of the sales tax bonds.
- News in brief. Kruger, Daniel; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;02/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30835, p2
Presents news from the United States bond market as of February 24, 2000. New York City's delay of its sale of general obligation bonds; Treasury two-years; Federal Reserve Board chairman Alan Greenspan's call for interest rate hike; Lowered rating of the bonds of Washington Health Care...
- Florida's Citizen's Property Insurance Sets Plan to Get Out of ARS Market. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/13/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32835, p36
The article reports on the plan of the Citizens Property Insurance Corp.'s finance committee to take out all of the insurer's remaining auction-rate securities and work on a replacement liquidity plan that includes a $1.5 billion short-term, fixed-rate bond transaction in Florida. The state-run...
- BRIEFLY. Dietderich, Andrew; Bailey, Laura; Ankeny, Robert; Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;12/22/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p6
The article presents several information related to business enterprises in Michigan. According to an information Moody's Investors Service Inc. has upgraded the city of Novi's bond rating to Aa2. Aa2 is Moody's third highest rating behind Aa1 and Aaa. Ratings are used to determine a bond's...
- CREDIT RISK, CREDIT RATINGS, AND MUNICIPAL BOND YIELDS: A PANEL STUDY. Capeci, John // National Tax Journal;Dec91 Part 1, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p41
This paper uses a panel data set of general obligation bond issues to examine the channels through which a municipality's credit quality affects its borrowing rate. The paper considers both the direct effect of changes in credit quality on changes in borrowing rates and the indirect effect that...
- Louisiana Storm Insurer Upgraded by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;12/22/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33437, p2
The article reports that credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. upgraded the assessment revenue bonds of the Louisiana Citizens Property Insurance Corp from Baa2 to Baa1 in Louisiana.
- LOUISIANA: Citizens' Rating Goes Up. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/30/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33442, p7
The article reports on the decision of Moody's Investors Service Inc. to increase its rating on the 894 million dollars outstanding tax-exempt assessment revenue bonds of Louisiana Citizens Property Insurance Corp. to Baa1 from Baa2 in December 2010.
- LOUISIANA: Fitch Negative on Citizens. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/15/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32587, p9
The article reports that Fitch Ratings has placed the BBB Issuer Default Rating of Louisiana Citizens Property Insurance Corp. and the BBB underlying ratings on assessment revenue bonds on rating watch negative. This reflects to the company's computer problems in retrieving its 2005 and 2006...