Univ. of Illinois Advance Refunding $53M of Campus Bonds
- Out-of-Stafe Student Trustee Approved at Urbana-Champaign. Ash, Carey Hawkins // State & Local Law News;Summer2014, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p16
The article reports that the Student Trustee has been elected as the student representative to the highest policymaking board, the Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois.
- Ohio Wraps Up $121M Refunding With Fixed-Rate Swap. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/26/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31581, p4
Reports on finalization of a multimillion refunding that included a synthetic fixed rate swap in Ohio. Basis of the rate paid by Morgan Stanley Capital Services Inc.; Ratings assigned to the finalization of bonds refunding by various ratings company.
- With flat rate curve, forward swaps become attractive refinancing tool. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;02/17/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30332, p33
Focuses on the growing interest in swaps as a tool in refinancing outstanding bonds in the United States. Illinois Sports Facilities Authority's completion of a swap with Goldman Sachs & Co.; Adventist Health West's conduct of a limited competitive selection for an interest-rate swap that...
- Massachusetts water, transportation agencies mull swaps. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;11/05/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30515, p4
Reports on the call for proposals from swap providers for a refunding of $100 million of outstanding debt each by two Massachusetts agencies. Bond offerings planned by the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority and the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority; Federal tax law covering the deal.
- N.Y. State Sees Over $2 Billion Of Refunding Swaps by March. // Bond Buyer;8/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31705, p1
Focuses on anticipation of over two billion dollars synthetic refunding deals in New York, as of August 25, 2003. Speculations surrounding the synthetic refunding deals; Details of state's annual information statement; Swapping plans of the state for fiscal year 2004.
- Univ. of Illinois Delays $85M Sale After Dropping Floating-Rate Plans. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/18/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33064, p5
The article reports on the move of the University of Illinois to delay its planned $85 million new-money and refunding bond sale after abandoning plans for a floating-rate transaction in favor of a fixed-rate one as rate have grown more attractive in Chicago, Illinois. It states that the...
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Newman, Emily; Vadum, Matthew; Piazza, Johanna; Braun, Martin Z.; D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;4/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31618, p39
The money, a portion of which derives from prior bond refunding savings, would come out of Delaware's transportation trust fund and be added to the fiscal 2003 bond bill, expediting the repair projects. Officials hope the legislation, which would distribute the money before fiscal 2004 begins on...
- LOUISANA: Livingston Schools Set Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/10/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32916, p9
The article announces that October 4, 2008 is the set schedule for the trustees of the Livingston Parish School District in Baton Rouge, Louisiana for a bond election on the proposed issuance of $30 million of general obligation debt. It notes that if the bond package will be approved, proceeds...
- Maryland Stadium Authority reviewing ideas for swaps. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;05/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30385, p31
Focuses on the Maryland Stadium Authority's assessment of swap proposals connected with more than $100 million of bonds that officials want to refinance. Agency's series of fixed-rate bonds outstanding that would be good candidates for swaps; Possibility that issuers Georgetown University and...