House Tax Panel Excises Bonding Provisions from Rail Bill
- Ways and Means Chair Proposes Axing AMT. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;10/26/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32742, p1
The article reports that House Ways and Means Committee chairman Charles Rangel proposed a legislation to terminate the individual alternative minimum tax (AMT), which he termed as the mother of all tax reform bills in the U.S. The legislation includes a one-year AMT relief measure for the 2007...
- House Panel Deals Glow To Rail Bonds. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31747, p1
Reports on the expected move of the House Ways and Means Committee to erradicate a proposed provision that would allow low states to issue in taxable tax credit bonds in the U.S. Ellimination of tax-exempt bonds; Deletion of tax references; Inclusion of bond provision.
- Republicans seek long-term-care tax breaks. Gardner, Jonathan // Modern Healthcare;07/12/99, Vol. 29 Issue 28, p14
Offers a look at the tax breaks offered by the United States House Republicans to people buying long-term care insurance or caring for disabled elderly people at home. Details of the proposal drafted by the Ways and Means Committee Chairman Bill Archer; Advantages to employees; Comments from...
- International Foundation Honors Pomeroy With U.S. Public Service Award. // Benefits & Compensation Digest;Jul2006, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p5
The article reports on the presentation of the U.S. Public Service Award by the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans to Representative Earl Pomeroy in Washington, D.C. in May 2006. Pomeroy's leadership and hard work have earned him a spot on the Ways and Means Committee. He has...
- House Panel OKs 10-Year Tax-Cut Bill; Housing Credit Boosted. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30684, p14
Reports on the United States Congress House Ways and Means Committee's addition of an increase in the low-income housing tax credit. Tax cut bill in the US Congress; Provisions of the bill.
- Tax credit plan faces revisions, uphill battles. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/9/95, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p32
Reports that the US House Ways and Means Committee members have convinced Rep. Bill Archer to increase the Work Opportunities Tax Credit included in his tax plan from 25 to 35 percent.
- BIOFUEL COMPANIES, TRADE GROUPS EMPHASIZE NEED TO EXTEND CURRENT TAX POLICIES. // Fuel Oil News;Jan2014, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p3
The article reports that advanced biofuel companies and leading trade organizations sent a letter to the House Ways and Means and Senate Finance Committees urging for an extension of the critical tax provisions set to expire, and mentions the tax credits given to fossil energy industries.
- Tax Credit Bill Stalls in Congress. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;11/17/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 46, p1
Reports the passage of H.R. 5497, an investment tax credit bill in the United States House Ways & Means Committee. Status of the legislation; Support of the Association of Imaging Technology and Sound to the measure; Context of the bill.
- BIOGAS LEGISLATIVE UPDATE. // BioCycle;Aug2012, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p19
The article reports on the introduction of Representatives Ron Kind and John Lewis, members of the House of Ways of Means Committee to the investment tax credit (ITC) for biogas production under the House Resolution (H.R.) 6212.