Plaintiffs File for New Hearing in Illinois Philip Morris Case
- Philip Morris still a stock for the times. // Dow Theory Forecasts;5/6/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 18, p8
Features United States-based cigarette manufacturer Philip Morris Cos. Inc. Market share; Litigation concerns; Risks of investing in the company's stocks.
- Marlboro Friday, sullen Sunday for smokes. Teinowitz, Ira // Advertising Age;9/28/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 41, p28
Reports that Marlboro cigarettes from Philip Morris USA is at the top of the cigarette charts with a share of 27.4% at midyear 1994. Price cut on premium smokes on April 2, 1993 to stop the drop in share to below 20%; Major decline in profitability for the whole industry; Indications that the...
- PM snares 51.1% of cigarettes. // Advertising Age;7/28/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 30, p32
Discusses the report by Philip Morris Cos. that according to second-quarter 1997 earnings, its share of the United States cigarette category rose above the 50 percent mark for the first time. The use of ACNielsen Corp. figures; The popularity of the Marlboro brand.
- Latest Court Losses Send Signal to Tobacco Companies:
Juries More Convinced of Deceptive Cigarette Marketing Practices. // Ascribe Newswire: Health;6/7/2001, p2
The verdict in the Los Angeles tobacco trial, "Richard Boeken vs. Philip Morris Cos. Inc.," and the verdict in a New York case send a clear signal to the tobacco companies, says Marvin E. Goldberg, professor of marketing in Pennsylvania State's Smeal College of Business. According to him juries...
- The Cheap Inherit the Earth? Beirne, Mike // Brandweek;6/23/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 25, pS61
Looks at the marketing trends in the tobacco industry in the U.S. Sales of USA Gold in 2002; Change in Philip Morris' Wholesale Leaders program; Information on the price war among cigarette companies.
- Marlboro offers up CD-ROM `Challenge'. Williamson, Debra Aho; Whalen, Jeanne // Advertising Age;10/23/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 43, p54
The article reports that U.S.-based cigarette company Philip Morris USA Inc. will be promoting a CD-ROM-based game called "The Challenge" to bars in major cities across the country. "The Challenge" is part of Philip Morris' major promotion, dubbed Marlboro Unlimited, whose centerpiece is a...
- Earnings After Junkets, Dirges, and Inebriation. Arvedlund, Erin; Atanasov, Maria // Fortune;2/17/1997, Vol. 135 Issue 3, p32
Opinion. Relates the author's experience attending an event thrown for Russian journalists by Philip Morris International. The amount of food and vodka at the event; Free gifts; The friendliness of the interaction between Philip Morris officials and journalists.
- Tobacco Comment Helps Insurers. Lonkevich, Dan // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;10/18/99, Vol. 103 Issue 42, p54
Focuses on the benefit on the insurance industry of Philip Morris USA's disclosure on its Web site that cigarette smoking is addictive and can cause cancer. Comments from Mitchell Lathrop, an insurance attorney of Luce Forward Hamilton & Scripps.
- Philippines: PM art awards. Simpson, David // Tobacco Control;Jun2007, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p168
The article reports on the art awards that is still being conducted by Philip Morris (PM) in the Philippines. It mentions that life-enhancing visual art and aspirations of young artists are being equated by the awards with the manufacture and promotion of PM products. The event comes with its...