January ISM Index Shows Continued Expansion
- Growth slows, but some sectors stay strong in 1Q. // Plant Engineering;Jul2005, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p13
Reports on the survey indicating the declining business activity of the manufacturing industry in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2005. Estimate on the rate of deceleration of the manufacturing industrial production; Stability in the state of equipment manufacturing; Increase in mining and oil...
- ISM Index 52.3 in Feb., Up From 49.3 in Jan. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/2/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32578, p6
The article reports on the data released by the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) regarding the overall economy for the 64th straight month in the U.S. In February 2007, the ISM index surged to 52.3 from 49.3 in January 2007. ISM predicted that the index will increase to 50.0, which means...
- December ISM Index Hits 57.0, Beating Prediction. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/4/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33444, p2
The article reports on the growth of the U.S. manufacturing sector as reported by the Institute for Supply Management (ISM).
- ISM Index Climbs To 57.0 in Oct. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;11/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31754, p2
Reports on the expansion of the overall U.S. economy according to the Institute for Supply Management. Stability of the manufacturing sector; Increase of production.
- Economic Data May Indicate Growth. // Quality Progress;Nov2003, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p20
Focuses on indicators of the economic conditions of the U.S. as of November 2003. Overview of the growth in manufacturing sector of the country; Levels of employment in the sector; Assessment of the data released by the U.S. Institute for Supply Management on economic conditions.
- ISM April Survey Shows Growth in Manufacturing. // Metal Center News;May2007, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p50
The article provides updates on the economic performance of the manufacturing industry in the U.S. as of April 2007. According to the Report On Business form the Institute for Supply Management, the overall economy grew for the 66th consecutive month. Moreover, new orders and production improved...
- May ISM Manufacturing Index Slips to 53.5 in May. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/4/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33724, p2
The article focuses on a report from the Institute for Supply Management which reveals that the overall U.S. economy rose for the thirty-six consecutive time while the manufacturing sector expanded for the thirty-fourth time.
- July ISM Index at 48.9, Up From 44.8 in June. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;08/04/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33160, p2
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. economy. According to the Institute for Supply Management (ISM), the overall economy grew for the third straight month while the manufacturing sector contracted for the 18th month in a row. The monthly report on business by the ISM showed that...
- ISM Index at 54.4 in May, Down From 57.3 in April. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/2/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32394, p40
The article reports that the overall economy of the U.S. grew for the 55th straight month in May 2006 while the manufacturing sector expanded for the 36th time is as many months, according to the Institute for Supply Management. The ISM index decreased to 54.4 in May from 57.3 in April....