European plan to put obesity on governments' health agenda
- Workers More Likely to Participate in Wellness Programs When Offered Financial Incentives. Cable, Josh // EHS Today Exclusive Insight;11/10/2014, p2
The article focuses on research which revealed the increased possibility of employee participation in telephone health coaching program when employers offer financial incentives. Topics discussed include telephone health coaching services offered by some insurers and employer wellness programs,...
- Executive Summary of the Recommendations of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, the Obesity Society, and American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery Medical Guidelines for Clinical Practice for the Perioperative Nutritional,... Jeffrey Mechanick; Robert Kushner; Harvey Sugerman; J. Gonzalez-Campoy; Maria Collazo-Clavell; Safak Guven; Adam Spitz; Caroline Apovian; Edward Livingston; Robert Brolin; David Sarwer; Wendy Anderson; John Dixon // Endocrine Practice;Apr2008, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p318
American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, The Obesity Society, and American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery Medical Guidelines for Clinical Practice are systematically developed statements to assist healthcare professionals in medical decision making for specific clinical...
- OAC AWARDS MORE THAN $10,000 IN SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INDIVIDUALS TO ATTEND THE GROUND-BREAKING YOUR WEIGHT MATTERS NATIONAL CONVENTION. // Bariatric Times;Sep2014, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p23
The article reports that 13 Convention Scholarships were awarded by non-profit Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) to individuals, that will provide them with the chance to participate in the 3rd Annual Your Weight Matters National Convention to be held in Orlando, Florida on September 25-28, 2014.
- OBESITY ACTION COALITION GIVES AWAY MORE THAN 500 MEMBERSHIPS IN HONOR OF #GIVINGTUESDAY. // Bariatric Times;Dec2014, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p16
The article reports on the free memberships given by the Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) in 2014 in response to the challenge of GivingTuesday initiative.
- OBESITY ACTION COALITION (OAC) CALLS ON AMAZON, APPLE, GOOGLE AND MICROSOFT TO REMOVE FAT-SHAMING APPLICATIONS FROM ONLINE STORES. // Bariatric Times;Sep2014, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p22
The article reports that formal letters were issued by non-profit Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) to electronic commerce company Amazon, computer manufacturer Apple, Internet search company Google, and software company Microsoft for the removal of fat-shaming applications from their online stores.
- Slim patriotism. Teel, Gina // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;03/22/99, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p40
Focuses on the creation of the Canadian Obesity Network (CON). Purpose of the network; CON led by Dr. David Lau, head of Endocrinology and Metabolism at the University of Ottawa in Ontario; Cost of obesity; View of Alberta Civil Liberties Association as stated by Stephen Jenuth.
- 9th and 10th annual international symposia in obesity from the Merck Frosst/CIHR Research Chair in Obesity at UniversitÃ© Laval. Richard, D.; Boisvert, P. // International Journal of Obesity;Apr2009 Supplement 1, Vol. 33, pS1
Information on the topics discussed at the ninth and 10th annual international symposia of the Merch Frosst/ Canadian Institutes for Health Research (CIHR) Research Chair in Obesity in Quebec City, Quebec on November 15-16, 2007. The events focus on the prevalence and treatment of obesity....
- calendar. // British Columbia Medical Journal;Dec2015, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p462
A calendar of medical events in British Columbia (BC) in 2016 is presented including online courses in transfusion medicine, the 4th annual BC Obesity Society meeting, and the 12th Annual Primary Care refresher.
- News and Trends. // Bariatric Times;Jun2012, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p34
The article presents the highlights and news related to bariatric surgery in the U.S. It discusses an article related to sleeve gastrectomy (SG) with transit bipartition (TB) appeared in the journal "Annals of Surgery." Several organizations of the U.S. have been awarded with the Pioneering...