Virginia's GOP Senators Likely to Push Up to $2B of Tax Hikes for Transportation
- Debt and taxes. Feehery, John // Hill;6/28/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 94, p17
In this article the author discusses the seven reasons why debt limit should include tax provisions in the U.S. including the concept that increasing taxes during a slowing economy is a bad policy, the idea that taxes will go up anyway, and the perception that raising taxes now will affect tax...
- House Members Restart Reagan Revolution. Stepman, Jarrett // Human Events;4/18/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 15, p6
The article reports a special roundtable hearing by the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee to discuss large-scale tax reform seen to connect to the 1986 tax reform which is said to have become a shell of its former self with politicians allegedly creating loopholes, hidden tax increases and...
- Thoughts upon coming to the end of another tax season. Hense, Paul A. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;4/25/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p10
The author reflects on various issues related to tax including changes made in the U.S. tax law in December 2010 and the impact of technology on tax preparation.
- Annual inflation adjustments for 2013. // Athens News;2/11/2013, p18
The article offers information on the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2013 and discusses several tax reforms made under the law including revision in tax rates, increment in standard deduction rate and increment in personal exemption.
- A MODEST PROPOSAL. HAWKES, ROGER // Fortune;6/10/2013, Vol. 167 Issue 8, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The Real Reason Corporate Tax Reform Is Going Nowhere Fast," originally published in the April 29, 2013 edition of "Fortune" magazine, which discussed attempts by the U.S. government to reform the country's corporate tax code.
- Editorial. // Metalsmith;Fall1988, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p4
The author expresses his views on the 1986 Tax Reform Act as they affect artists. He presents the scenario prior to this tax reform. He explains the principle of the act from the artist's point of view and the subsequent reactions. He presents the Artists for Tax Equity who has been lobbying...
- Remarks on Tax Reform. Obama, Barack H. // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/4/2009, p1
The article presents the text of a speech by U.S. President Barack H. Obama delivered at the Grand Foyer in the White House on May 4, 2009, in which he discussed the U.S. tax system, the reasons for implementing a tax reform and tax breaks.
- Revitalizing U.S. Manufacturing: The Role of Tax Policy. Evans, William T.; O'Neil, Brian F.; Stevenson, William J. // CPA Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 80 Issue 6, p50
The article discusses possible changes in U.S. tax policy that would revitalize the manufacturing industry, incentivize the country's economic interests, create jobs and improve fiscal and trade balances. It provides examples to show how a company can realize tax savings by shifting...
- Tax, budget debates may feature adverse proposals. Roth III, William F. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/8/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p11
The author reflects on the 2011 tax proposal of the Obama administration. He describes the proposal as like that of many government proposals as contains estimates of increased revenues and proposal costs, which viewed skeptically by American politicians due to its actually accuracy. He cites...