Colorado Plan Would Securitize $1.5B in Tobacco Money
- Munis Unchanged to Slightly Firmer. Scarchilli, Michael; Patnaik, Patrick // Bond Buyer;6/7/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33328, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal market in the U.S. as unchanged to slightly firmer amid fairly light secondary trading activity.
- Despite Dissolution, RDA Bonds Trade Well. Webster, Kesley // Bond Buyer;2/1/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33656, p1
The article reports on the positive performance of 400-plus redevelopment agencies' (RDA) and municipal bond investors' trading as the market spiked due to the dissolution that caused scarcity and increased interest in bonds in California.
- Competitive Note Sales. // Bondbuyer.com;4/15/2015, p3
A chart is presented that lists trading report of competitive note sales of various municipalities in New Jersey including Bound Brook Borough, Highland Park Borough, and Collingswood.
- Munis Strengthen as Market Sees More Deals Price. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bondbuyer.com;1/20/2016, p18
The article reports on stronger top-rated municipal bonds at mid-season driven by more deals coming into the market, with 34,098 trades on January 19, 2016 alone on a volume of 5.08 billion U.S. dollars according to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board.
- Philly Analysts Meeting to Focus on 2016 Muni Outlook. Coen, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/5/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F353, p1
The first Philadelphia Area Municipal Analyst Society meeting of 2016 will provide an outlook for what to expect in the municipal bond market this year.
- New York City's tobacco bond plan raises rating, structure questions. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;01/29/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30568, p48
Reports on the favorable response given by investors to New York City's plan to sell bonds backed by the city's share of the nationwide tobacco settlement. Creation of the Transitional Finance Authority; Speculations about the bonds' structure and security; Tobacco companies involved in the...
- Florida May Insure Settlement Funds Should Big Tobacco Fold. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;04/07/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30866, p3
Reports on Florida's efforts to protect its ability to issue bonds against its tobacco industry settlement revenues as of April 7, 2000. State legislature's plan to insure the revenues should tobacco companies fail due to damages awarded by juries.
- Will Nassau Trump NYC? Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;10/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30739, p1
Reports on the legal developments affecting the ability of municipalities to issue bonds backed by revenues from the tobacco settlement in the United States. New York City and Nassau County, New York's separate bids to become the first to issue such bonds; Effects of the civil suit filed by the...
- Long-Term Volume Hits Record High. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/1/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31419, p1
Reports the growth of long-term municipal bonds in New York. Factors contributing to the growth; Impact of the sale of tobacco bonds on new-money volume; Increase on the average size of deals.