Indiana to Mull Bids for Toll Road Over the Weekend
- Pennsylvania Considers Two Different Forms of Financing for Turnpike, I-80. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/2/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32725, p28
The article reports that Pennsylvania government has been considering two different forms of financing for its turnpike. It is stated that the state has received numerous submissions in a request for potential bidders for a long-term lease and concession of the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Moreover,...
- NONE FOR THE ROAD. // BRW;7/16/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p26
The article presents a time line of the issues concerning BrisConnections. On May 24, 2008, the government of Queensland has announced that BrisConnections has won the 4.8 billion dollar bid to construct the tool road Airport Link. The company's 8 per cent stake was then bought by ASI owner...
- Vast spaces separate bids. Korman, Richard // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/17/94, Vol. 233 Issue 16, p7
Reports on the discrepancies among the bids for the design-build contract for the Eastern Transportation Corridor toll road in Orange County, California. Transportation Corridor Agency as the government entity in charge of the construction; Shift of the financial and construction risks to the...
- Paying for Roads. Barkey, Patrick M. // Indiana Business Magazine;Jul2006, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p4
The article focuses on the broken financing system for transportation infrastructure in the U.S. The major financing initiative cited was that of Indiana's new road construction wherein funds are to be taken from the 75-year lease of the Indiana Toll Road. Many criticized the idea as the...
- N12 EXPANSION: BUILDING A NEW SUPERCLASS HIGHWAY. // Civil Engineering (10212000);Jan2012, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p56
The article reports on the construction of toll route system National Route 12 (N12) under the Gauteng Freeway Improvement Project (GIFP) in South Africa.
- E-470 stuck in legal bog. Korman, Richard // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/31/94, Vol. 232 Issue 5, p36
Reports on the stats of construction of the E-470 beltway in Denver, Colorado. Litigation due to project realignment; Lack of long-term financing; Pending decision from the state Supreme Court.
- Early finish possible at Dulles extension. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/12/94, Vol. 233 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the construction of the 14-mile-long toll road extension in Virginia. Extension of an existing toll road from the Washington, D.C. Beltway to Dulles-Washington International Airport; Value of the overall construction contract; Brown & Root as the major contractor; Predictions of...
- Toll Road Update. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);10/3/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p14
The article reports that the Alamo Regional Mobility Authority Board of Directors has authorized the release of a design build request for qualification for the 281 North toll project in San Antonio, Texas.
- PRESIDENT GEORGE BUSH TURNPIKE, WESTERN EXTENSION. // Roads & Bridges;Oct2012, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p28
The article highlights the President George Bush Turnpike-Western Extension found in Grand Prairie Texas and commissioned by the North Texas Tollway Authority with a total cost of 416 million U.S. dollars.