Jobless Claims Drop 36,000 to 271,000
- Employment and Unemployment Developments, November 2004. // Employment & Earnings;Dec2004, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the status of the labor market in November 2004 in the U.S. Increase in the rate of employment; Percentage of unemployment; Rate of nonfarm payroll employment; Total number of additional jobs in the telecommunication sector; Sector employment breakdown.
- Jobs Still Scarce for Many New Yorkers. Jones, David R. // New York Amsterdam News;4/6/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 15, p5
The article presents information on the problem of unemployment in New York City. New York City's labor market is far from fully recovered from the recent recession. The expansion has spurred employment gains, especially for less educated men, but the increased demand for these workers has not...
- Unemployment low again. Le Mesurier, Kristen; Tandukar, Amita; Skotnicki, Tom // BRW;8/18/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p81
Reports on unemployment levels in Australia in 2005. Labor market trends; Increase in part-time jobs; Market and economic indicators.
- Fourth District Employment Conditions. Dunne, Tim; Fee, Kyle // Economic Trends (07482922);Aug2008, p15
The article offers information on the employment condition in the U.S. fourth district as of August 2008. Unemployment rate has increased by 0.1% due to monthly increases in the number of people unemployed and a decrease in the number of people employed. The increase in the unemployment rate was...
- State Labor Markets. Fee, Kyle; Dunne, Tim // Economic Trends (07482922);Aug2008, p17
The article offers information on the labor condition of the U.S. as of August 2008. The unemployment rate of the country has increased from 4.7% to 5.5% from September 2007 to June 2008. Rhode Island led the unemployment rate increase with 2.4% points, followed by Tennessee and Illinois. The...
- Labour force indicators by country. // Quarterly Labour Force Statistics -- Statistiques teimestrielles;2003, Vol. 2003 Issue 4, p1
Presents an overview of labor force indicators by country as of November 2003. Indicators of labor force components in Canada; Civilian employment in the U.S.; Unemployment by age in Australia.
- Unemployment Rates in Southwest Minnesota - Relative Lows and Record Highs. Ridgeway, Jennifer; Macht, Cameron // Minnesota Employment Review;2009, p1
The article focuses on the unemployment rates in Southwest Minnesota. The authors state that among other regions in Minnesota, Southwest Minnesota has showcased the lowest unemployment rates. They mention that the size of the labor force in the region has been consistently growing regardless of...
- Economic Activity: The Employment Situation, January 2009. Tasci, Maurat; Mowry, Beth // Economic Trends (07482922);Feb2009, p24
The article provides an overview of the employment situation in the U.S. as of January 2009. It states that job losses in January totaled 598,000 and the unemployment rate increased from 7.2 to 7.6 percent, which is considered as the highest rate since September 1992. It notes that job losses...
- Seasonal Adjustment. // Employment & Earnings;Apr2005, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p238
Explains the seasonally adjusted series for selected labor force and establishment-based data that are published monthly in the journal "Employment and Earnings." Influence of seasonal events on statistical employment trends; Adjustment of U.S. national labor force data; Aggregation of...