Jobless Claims Drop 36,000 to 271,000
- Employment and Unemployment Developments, November 2004. // Employment & Earnings;Dec2004, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the status of the labor market in November 2004 in the U.S. Increase in the rate of employment; Percentage of unemployment; Rate of nonfarm payroll employment; Total number of additional jobs in the telecommunication sector; Sector employment breakdown.
- Unemployment low again. Le Mesurier, Kristen; Tandukar, Amita; Skotnicki, Tom // BRW;8/18/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p81
Reports on unemployment levels in Australia in 2005. Labor market trends; Increase in part-time jobs; Market and economic indicators.
- Jobs Still Scarce for Many New Yorkers. Jones, David R. // New York Amsterdam News;4/6/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 15, p5
The article presents information on the problem of unemployment in New York City. New York City's labor market is far from fully recovered from the recent recession. The expansion has spurred employment gains, especially for less educated men, but the increased demand for these workers has not...
- Fourth District Employment Conditions. Dunne, Tim; Fee, Kyle // Economic Trends (07482922);Aug2008, p15
The article offers information on the employment condition in the U.S. fourth district as of August 2008. Unemployment rate has increased by 0.1% due to monthly increases in the number of people unemployed and a decrease in the number of people employed. The increase in the unemployment rate was...
- Unemployment Rates in Southwest Minnesota - Relative Lows and Record Highs. Ridgeway, Jennifer; Macht, Cameron // Minnesota Employment Review;2009, p1
The article focuses on the unemployment rates in Southwest Minnesota. The authors state that among other regions in Minnesota, Southwest Minnesota has showcased the lowest unemployment rates. They mention that the size of the labor force in the region has been consistently growing regardless of...
- Economic Activity: The Employment Situation, January 2009. Tasci, Maurat; Mowry, Beth // Economic Trends (07482922);Feb2009, p24
The article provides an overview of the employment situation in the U.S. as of January 2009. It states that job losses in January totaled 598,000 and the unemployment rate increased from 7.2 to 7.6 percent, which is considered as the highest rate since September 1992. It notes that job losses...
- State Labor Markets. Fee, Kyle; Dunne, Tim // Economic Trends (07482922);Aug2008, p17
The article offers information on the labor condition of the U.S. as of August 2008. The unemployment rate of the country has increased from 4.7% to 5.5% from September 2007 to June 2008. Rhode Island led the unemployment rate increase with 2.4% points, followed by Tennessee and Illinois. The...
- Labour force indicators by country. // Quarterly Labour Force Statistics -- Statistiques teimestrielles;2003, Vol. 2003 Issue 4, p1
Presents an overview of labor force indicators by country as of November 2003. Indicators of labor force components in Canada; Civilian employment in the U.S.; Unemployment by age in Australia.
- EMPLOYMENT. // Labour Market Trends;Feb2004 Supplement 2, Vol. 112, pS26
Presents several charts on employment statistics in Great Britain as of February 2004. Actual weekly hours of work; Workforce jobs by industry; Employment in tourism-related industries; Employment jobs by region and industry; Employment rates by age.