Commission OKs Crucial Katrina Aid
- Louisiana OKs $200M Issue to Refund GO Zone Debt. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/20/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32904, p4
The article reports that the Louisiana State bond Commission has approved a $200 million state general obligation (GO) bond issue on June 19, 2008. The bond will be used to refund the $200 million of Gulf Opportunity Zone tax-credit bonds issued in 2006 for local government debt service relief....
- Louisiana Commission OKs $1B of GOs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/21/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32922, p1
The article reports on the approval of the Louisiana State Bond Commission to use more than $1 billion in general obligation (GO) bonds to finance high-priority projects in the state. According to Whitman Kling, director of the Bond Commission, the move is the first state approval to issue GO...
- Local Relief for Louisiana. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32227, p1
No abstract available.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;11/28/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32266, p38
The article presents the legislative status of several laws related to public finance in the U.S. The HR 4337: Gulf Opportunity Zone Public Finance Relief Act, which was split off from the fiscal 2006 budget and tax reconciliation package, is pending in the House Ways and Means Committee. The...
- SOUTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;9/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32218, p33
Reports developments related to public finance in the U.S. as of September 2005. Support of state insurance commissioner Kevin McCarty to the creation of a national catastrophe fund for state disaster relief; Acquisition of federal emergency relief money for road rebuilding by the state...
- Moody's: Despite Damages, Most Florida Credits Are Safe. Sigon, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p3
Reports on the capability of the local governments to provide for the debt service payments despite the damage caused by Hurricane Charley in Florida. Insurance of the outstanding bonds in severely affected areas; Establishment of a debt reserve fund; Mitigation of long-term financial risk using...
- TOP ISSUERS: ALL OF 2000. // Bond Buyer;01/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31048, p33
Ranks the top ten state issuers of bonds in the United States based on the net value of bonds issued in 2000. Number of bond issues in the different states during the year; Notes on how the state issuers of bonds were ranked.
- Washington Readies $1.5B New-Money, Refunding Deal. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;1/26/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33653, p7
The article reports that the Washington state government will be selling 1.5 billion dollars worth of bonds in January 2012.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;11/14/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31017, p18
Presents data on negotiated state bond sales in California, Florida, Missouri, New Mexico and other states. Special Facilities Revenue Bonds; Subordinate Tax Allocation Bonds; Tax Increment Revenue Bonds.