The Secret Source: Sexually Explicit Young Adult Literature as an Information Source
- Pedophilia Chic. // National Review;4/19/1999, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p14
The article criticizes the emerging social norm and culture that condone and propagate pedophilia in the U.S., which was noticed by Doctor Laura Schlessinger. The socially-conservative radio host, arrived at such conclusion based on suggestions by academics in their paper published by the...
- Review: similar social factors influence young people's sexual behaviour worldwide. Varcoe, Colleen // Evidence Based Nursing;Oct2007, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p124
The article comments on a study which examined the factors that influence the sexual behavior of young people. According to the author, the authors of the study did not draw on the extensive literature on qualitative meta-synthesis or address the methodological challenges of meta-analysis that...
- Teenage Sex & The City. Shepheard, Nicola // North & South;Apr2004, Issue 217, p74
Focuses on the rampant teenage sex in New Zealand, as of April 2004. Statistical data which shows the uncontrollable teenage sex situation in New Zealand; Peer pressure experienced by teenagers who are not sexually active; Views of educators on the importance of sex education curriculum in schools.
- Targeted Approach Reduces Sexual Activity Among Hispanic Teens. // RN;Dec2006, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p16
The article discusses research on the effectiveness of a culturally tailored approach to educate Latino teenagers about safe sexual practices. It references a study by A. M. Villaruel and colleagues published in an issue of "Archives of Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine." It was discovered that...
- Where Youth Are Today: What You Need To Know About the Teen Sex Crisis/Why Do You Listen To? Choosing Sexual Abstinence (Film). Pendergrast, Mark // Library Journal;2/1/1990, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p121
Reviews the films "Where Youth Are Today: What You Need To Know About the Teen Sex Crisis" and "Why Do You Listen To? Choosing Sexual Abstinence," which both deal with teenagers and sexuality.
- Woman fights for parents' right to know abortion advice to under 16s. Dyer, Clare // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/19/2005, Vol. 331 Issue 7526, p1161
The article reports that Sue Axon, a mother of two daughters, is fighting for parents' rights to be notified if doctors provide abortion advice or contraception to young people in England. Axon had an abortion when she was younger that caused her guilt and shame. One of Axon's teenage daughters...
- TEENAGERS ABSTAIN FROM SEX? DREAM ON. Roberts, Yvonne // Community Care;12/2/2004, Issue 1551, p20
Reports on the launch of a television advertising drive aimed at changing the sexual behavior of young people in Great Britain in 2005. Amount of the advertising campaign; Percentage of men and women who said that their behavior had not been influenced by what they knew about sexually...
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases Among Adolescents in Developed Countries. Panchaud, Christine; Singh, Susheela; Feivelson, Dina; Darroch, Jacqueline E. // Family Planning Perspectives;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p24
Context: Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) are responsible for a variety of health problems, and can have especially serious consequences for adolescents and young adults. An international comparison of levels and trends in STDs would be useful to identify countries that are relatively...
- Adolescent Pregnancy: Standards and Services in Finland. Utriainen, Sirpa // Child Welfare;Mar/Apr89, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p167
Finland's adolescent pregnancy rate is lower than that of many comparable nations. The author examines Finnish standards and services on adolescent pregnancy, and results of a survey of adolescent sexual behaviors and attitudes.