Saving Megawatts With Series-Chiller Plants
- Daikin to build factory in India. // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Mar2008, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p3
The article reports that Daikin is to build an air conditioning factory in Rajasthan, India worth Â£17 million. The initial project of the factory is to produce multi-splits and chillers for the Indian market. The company also looks on the possibility of manufacturing in other regions...
- Back to Basics. McKew, Howard J. // Engineered Systems;Apr2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p14
The article focuses on the replacement of a 400-ton electric centrifugal chiller. There are four types of chillers available for designers. Having a good hindsight is important when replacing a chiller. Design and facility engineers must know the actual conditions, cooling loads, chiller logs...
- Using The P-T Card As A Service Tool. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/16/2005, Vol. 225 Issue 3, p36
The article aims to demonstrate the proper use of the pressure-temperature relationship and also illustrates how it can be used to thoroughly analyze a refrigeration or air conditioning system. Thus, it uses the P-T card as a service tool. Before getting into the proper use of the P-T card, the...
- THERMO-ECONOMIC OPTIMIZATION OF A VAPOUR COMPRESSED REFRIGERATION SYSTEM USING ALTERNATIVE REFRIGERANTS. Özkaymak, Mehmet; Özkaya, M.Galip; Acar, Bahadir // e-Journal of New World Sciences Academy (NWSA);2010, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p381
This study deals with the thermo-economic optimization of superheating and sub-cooling heat exchangers in vapor compressed refrigeration system. Using for R22 and its alternative refrigerants (R410A and R407C), the temperature of condenser at the interval of (35Â°C - 55Â°C) and temperature...
- Variable-Primary Flow: Important Lessons Learned. Moses, Terry // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jul2004, Vol. 76 Issue 7, p0
Presents an article on the lessons learned from nine years of experience in the promotion of variable-primary flow (VPF). Rate of change in air-conditioning load; Use of leaving-chilled-water temperature in sequencing chillers; Solution to VFP chilled-water control.
- A Novel Condensate-Free Refrigerated Cold Plate for Electronic Cooling. Yu-Lieh Wu; Kai-Shing Yang; Min-Yi Chen; Chi-Chuan Wang // HVAC&R Research;Jan2010, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p3
A novel cooling design featuring a two-stage expansion process is proposed in this study. Without any help from insulation, the design can minimize or even entirely eliminate condensate formation outside the cold-plate surface even for a very low evaporation temperature. The design incorporates...
- System Checklists Are Indispensable. Tomczak, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/5/2004, Vol. 222 Issue 10, p13
Looks into how evaporators can become oil-logged. Examples of a system with an oil-logged evaporator; Symptoms and problems of a refrigeration system; System checklist for an oil-logged evaporator.
- The History of the Ice Age. Sutherland, Art // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;07/24/2000, Vol. 210 Issue 13, p20
Focuses on the history of refrigeration. Preservation of food; Commercial importance of refrigeration in the early 18th century; Aggressive research for the development of mechanical refrigeration systems in 1890.
- What Causes High Compressor Discharge Temperature? Tomczyk, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/6/2006, Vol. 227 Issue 6, p20
The article discusses the causes of high compressor discharge temperatures (TP). It has been emphasized that the compressor's discharge TP is often an overlooked TP when troubleshooting a refrigeration or air conditioning system. The identified causes for the high discharge of TP are the high...