Advanced AC Drives Key to Innovative Rooftop Hybrid Air-Conditioning Units
- Dual-wheel `preconditioning': How it works. Downing, Chris // Engineered Systems;Jan1996, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p68
Features Semco Inc.'s outdoor air preconditioning system. Cooling and heating modes.
- Installing and servicing industrial desiccant wheel dehumidification systems. Wolcott, Richard M. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/26/93, Vol. 188 Issue 17, p16
Discusses the desiccant wheel dehumidification systems used by industries in conditioning air to low relative humidities and dew point temperature. Basic operation; Components; Installation preparations; Items to be scheduled for periodic inspection.
- Money-saving steam absorption. // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Oct2007, p20
The article offers information on the Vapasorb multiple-tube steam dispersion system from VAPAC Humidity Control.
- To Remove More Moisture, Lower Airflow Speed. Lloyd, Gary // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/19/2003, Vol. 219 Issue 3, p9
Offers tips on maintenance of evaporator coils in air conditioning systems. Adjustment of coil temperature so that it remains at least 20 degrees below the room temperature; Control of the blower speed to lower the airflow.
- AIR WASHERS: A New Look at a Vintage Technology. El-Morsi, M.; Klein, S.A.; Reindl, D.T. // ASHRAE Journal;Oct2003, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p32
Discusses advances in air washers, spray-type air conditioners. Direct-contact spray coolers; Major components in an air washer air-handling unit; Temperature and humidity control; Air-side filtration. INSET: Developing Direct Contact Spray Coolers..
- School's in Session -- Dehumidification Basics. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/29/2000, Vol. 210 Issue 5, p1
Informs on cooling-based and desiccant dehumidification techniques. Principle of condensation in air conditioning systems; Removal of heat from dehumidified air; Heating of dessicant to drive moisture off its surface; Typical equipment configurations of desiccant dehumidifiers.
- continuing a Creative Legacy. Young, Steve; Johnson, Steve; Durkin, Tom // Engineered Systems;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p24
The article focuses on the use of ground water at George Washington Carver Elementary School in Indianapolis, Indiana, to add heating and cooling systems to the building. The ground water is pumped into a steel storage tank that overflows to the school's sewer. This tank is designed to monitor...
- Portable dehumidifier enables IAQ remediation. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Jan98, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p102
Reports that the Strawbridge Elementary School in Norfolk, Virginia has rented a dehumidification unit as part of its remediation plan set into action late last spring to provide dry outdoor air while undergoing reconstruction or indoor-air-quality (IAQ) upgrade. Composition of dehumidification...
- 10 Millionth Drive for Yaskawa. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jul2008, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p49
The article reports on the claim of Yaskawa Electric America Inc., the Waukegan, Illinois-based manufacturer of alternating-current drives, servomotors, motion controllers, and robotics, of being the first company in the world to ship 10 million variable-frequency drives. It says that the 10...