- VOICES. Gray, Jean // Nursing Standard;2/8/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p24
Our annual awards highlight nurses' dedication and hard work, writes Jean Gray.
- WOFFORD. Boggs, Doyle // Sandlapper: The Magazine of South Carolina;Autumn2002, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p16
Focuses on the educational mission of Wofford college in South Carolina. Emphasis of the college on creative writing; Recognition on Dr. Ellen S. by the United Methodist Higher Education Foundation; Symbolic significance of the Boston Terrier to the college. INSET: WOFFORD TIMELINE: 150 Years...
- Search begins for nation's favourite. Gillen, Sally // Nursing Standard;11/3/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p14
Patients and relatives are again being invited to nominate a nurse to win the prestigious Patient's Choice award. Sally Gillen reports.
- NURSING THAT EXEMPLIFIES CARE CAMPAIGN'S VALUES. // Nursing Standard;2/29/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p17
The article profiles British staff nurse Surinda Daliwal, who was nominated for the Patient's Choice nursing award by Ruth Chauhan for care that she gave to Chauhan's uncle. A discussion of the factors that led Chauhan to nominate Daliwal for the award, and of the reaction that Daliwal had to...
- Compassionate actions brought couple great joy. // Nursing Standard;2/29/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p18
The article profiles nurse Sharon Bannatyne, who is a sister at Bridgewater Hospital in England and was nominated for a Patient's Choice nursing award by patient Patricia Doohan. A discussion of the factors that led Doohan to nominate Bannatyne for the award, and of the reaction which Bannatyne...
- Who is your favourite for Patient's Choice award? Scott, Graham // Nursing Standard;2/29/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p1
The author reflects on nurses who have been nominated for the 2012 Claire Rayner Patient's Choice award. He suggests that all of the finalists for the award have transformed the lives of the people who were in their care. He argues that it is typical that all of the nurses who have been...
- Four of the very best. Scott, Graham // Nursing Standard;3/23/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 29, p1
The author reflects on Jayne Edgar, Brenda Somerfield, Maggie Ayre and Ibrahim Bangura, four British nurses who were nominated by hospital patients to receive a patient's choice award for nursing and were chosen as finalists in consideration of receiving the award. He suggests that selecting the...
- HEALTH CARE HEROES. Soder, Chuck // Crain's Cleveland Business;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p0018
The article features Christina Vujanov, a 2014 winner in the Nurse, Adult category of "Craig's Cleveland Business" Health Care Heroes program. Vujanov is a registered nurse/staff nurse at Akron General Medical Center. It notes that the hospital, seeing her potential, hired her as a nurse...
- Shortlist announced for Patient's Choice award. // Nursing Standard;3/2/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p7
Four inspirational nurses have been shortlisted for the prestigious Claire Rayner Patient's Choice category of Nursing Standard's Nurse of the Year awards.