Colorado's Owens Stresses Making Good Use of Extra Revenue
- Colorado Gov.'s Budget Focuses on Roads. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/17/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32261, p4
Reports on the submission of a proposed budget for fiscal year 2007 by Colorado Governor Bill Owens to the legislators. Proposal of Owens for an increase in the spending for transportation, higher education, health care and corrections; Contribution of the additional revenue authorized by the...
- 'Look at the Difference It Makes to Have a Conservative Governor'. Owens, Bill // Human Events;3/4/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p10
Presents excerpts from the address of Republican Governor Bill Owens of Colorado before the Ronald Reagan Banquet gala at the 2002 Conservative Political Action Conference in Arlington, Virginia on February 1, 2002.
- Corzine to increase spending for higher education. Townes, Glenn // New York Amsterdam News;3/8/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 11, p32
The article offers information regarding the state budget proposal of $2.2 billion increase in community colleges funds across the Garden State, by New Jersey Governor Jon Corzine. It is informed that the 2.3% funding increase would enable community colleges- which are far less expensive than...
- Across the Far West, Governors' Speeches Are Tales of Woe. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/20/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33044, p4
The article reports on the state of the state speeches of governors concerning their state budgets in the U.S. California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger emphasizes the budget deficit faced by the state, noting that it would reach to an estimated $41.5 billion. Nevada Governor Jim Gibbons...
- Dealing with Deficits. Weidenbaum, Murray L. // Vital Speeches of the Day;12/1/82, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p117
Presents the text of a speech given by Murray L. Weidenbaum, Mallinckrodt distinguished university professor at the Washington University, on October 29, 1982, which deals with U.S. budget deficit and the rise in federal spending.
- Introductory Speech for the Meeting of Senior Budget Officials of central and eastern European Countries 10-11 November 2004, The Hague. Zalm, Gerrit // OECD Journal on Budgeting;2004, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p99
Presents a speech delivered by Gerrit Zalm, Netherlands' Minister of Finance, at the Meeting of Senior Budget Officials held during November 10-11, 2004. View that a sound budget policy there can be no sustainable social welfare system, no funds for a proper education policy, and no base for a...
- Our Federal Budget. Kilpatrick, Robert D. // Vital Speeches of the Day;3/1/83, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p307
Presents the text of a speech given by Cigna Corp. president and chief executive officer Robert D. Kilpatrick on December 8, 1982, which deals with the U.S. federal budget.
- Colorado Budget Panel Questions $800 Million Tobacco Securitization Proposal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/20/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31766, p29
Reports on the interrogation of Governor Bill Owens by the members of the Colorado Joint Budget Committee about a proposed 2005 budget. Plans of Owens to sell tobacco settlement revenue bonds; Explanation delivered by Owens regarding the securitization issues; Statement regarding the panel...
- Colorado Governor Lauds Use of Transportation Debt, Presses Reforms. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/9/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31797, p40
Focuses on the state of the state address delivered by governor Bill Owens in Colorado. Use of debt to finance transportation projects; Ideas of lawmakers for water storage; Call for reforms of the Taxpayer Bill of Rights.