- Energy. Acomb, Deborah L. // National Journal;2/26/2005, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p629
Presents the results of separate public opinion polls conducted by Zogby and by Bellwether and Lake, Snell, Perry regarding the opening of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) in Alaska for oil exploration. Percentage of registered voters in the U.S. who favored opening the refuge if it...
- Hotspots! // New Internationalist;Jun2001, Issue 335, p22
Provides information on several oil exploration locations. Reaction to planned opening of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to explorations; Impact of the utilization of oil fields in southern Sudan; Cost of the drilling project in Chad and Cameroon.
- Senate leaders open doors to ANWR drilling. // National Petroleum News;May2005, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p9
Reports that U.S. Senate leaders are intensifying pressure to allow oil drilling in Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) as part of the Senate's 2005-2006 budget. "Reasonable chance" language that will be included in the 2005-2006 budget to begin ANWR oil exploration; Reaction of the...
- President Carter Is Dead Wrong on ANWR. Hickel, Walter J. // Human Events;9/26/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 32, p7
Expresses opinion on the need for the U.S. Congress to approve oil drilling in Alaska's Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) as a response to the increasing price of gasoline. Provision of a budget reconciliation bill that includes ANWR reauthorization; Factors that hinder the Congress to...
- Debate. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;04/16/2001, Vol. 63 Issue 23, p7
Presents a debate on whether Congress should vote for allowing companies to drill oil at the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska.
- Nation split sharply on drilling in Arctic. Dillin, John; Savides, Steven // Christian Science Monitor;2/27/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 64, p3
Looks at results of a survey to determine whether Americans supported oil production in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska.
- Push to Drill in Alaska Growing. Daerr, Elizabeth G. // National Parks;May/Jun2001, Vol. 75 Issue 5/6, p11
Discusses the plan to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska for oil and gas exploration. Oil demand in the United States; Information on the National Energy Security Act of 2001; Estimated amount of technically recoverable oil within the refuge; Concerns expressed by environmental...
- Caribou culture clashes with oil age. Rosen, Yereth // Christian Science Monitor;11/24/95, Vol. 87 Issue 252, p4
Reports the controversy on the proposed drilling of Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, Alaska, for oil. Battle of Alaska's Gwich'in Indians against the refuge; Opinion of Sen. Frank Murkowski of Alaska on oil development; Conflict with Republicans in Washington over the issue; Details on the matter.
- LOOKING FOR OIL. Miller, Amy // Junior Scholastic;04/09/2001, Vol. 103 Issue 16, p10
No abstract available.