Washington State Preps $551M Gas Tax-Backed GO Issue
- Managing for Results: Emerging Benefits From Selected Agencies' Use of Performance Agreements: GAO-01-115. // GAO Reports;10/30/2000, p1
The Veterans Health Administration, the Department of Transportation, and the Office of Student Financial Assistance have begun to use results- oriented performance agreements to align agency expectations with organizational goals. Each agency developed and implemented agreements that reflected...
- State transportation package will boost the economy. Gioia, Peter // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/24/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 43, p38
The article reports on the Special Transportation Fund designed to take care the transportation systems and operations in Connecticut. It includes state tax dollars and federal transportation aid that the state Transportation Department uses for major projects statewide. The Connecticut Business...
- Doing Less With Less. Keane, Angela Greiling // Traffic World;2/9/2004, Vol. 268 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the reduced budget of the United States Dept. of Transportation (DOT) in 2004. Comparison with the budget the agency received in 2003 and previous years; Estimates of reductions in the DOT facilities and equipment budget; Priorities that the DOT should address.
- U.S. DOT Signs Off on Full Funding For $5.2B Dulles Metro Extension. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;3/12/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33079, p23
The article reports on the agreement signed by the U.S. Department of Transportation to provide its share of full funding for the $5.2 billion Dulles Metrorail extension project, which will be financed with $2 billion of bonds. The signing of the $900 million full funding grant agreement for...
- Cook County OKs $200M, Will Vote on Interim President July 19. Carvllin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/13/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32422, p5
The article reports that the board of commissioners of Cook County, Illinois has approved a $200 million short-term note for the county to bring in cash and also approved a resolution to vote on an interim president on July 19, 2006. The county needs the cash flow borrowing because of lower...
- TIMED Sale on Agenda. deSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/13/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32422, p31
The article reports that the Louisiana State Bond Commission will meet to discuss plans to sell $403 million of gas and fuel tax revenue bonds. Department of Transportation officials will make presentations regarding the bill. The proceeds from the bond sale will be used for the state's...
- Transportation's Rocky Road. Ballard, Tanya N. // Government Executive;Mar2003, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p14
Focuses on the challenges to be faced by the U.S. Transportation Department in 2003. Transfer of two of its agencies to the Homeland Security Department; Budget problems faced by the Federal Aviation Administration; Compliance with the U.S. president's management agenda.
- Proposal Outlines Responsibilities of Security Agency. // JoC Week;1/7/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the regulation drafted by the United States Transportation Department establishing the responsibilities of the Transportation Security Administration. Terms of the regulation.
- DOT revises Web site. // Fire Engineering;Nov2001, Vol. 154 Issue 11, p42
Focuses on the changes in the Web site of the United States Department of Transportation.