Tarrant's $435 GO Vote
- 3-Way Rail Deal. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;3/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32346, p35
The article reports on the intent of the city of Reno, Nevada to sell bonds split into three series for the construction of the Reno Transportation Rail Access Corridor Project. The first series costs 139.6 million dollars in senior-lien sales tax revenue refunding bonds. The second series, 8.9...
- Ohio Planning $210M of Garvees for Highways, Bridges. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/2/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32747, p3
The article reports on the sale of $210 million of grant anticipation revenue vehicle bonds in Ohio. The sale is aimed to raise funds for 17 new and ongoing highway and bridge infrastructure projects as officials plan an additional $700 million of debt over the next two years. The bonds are...
- Wichita, Kan., Selling $40.5M of Sales Tax-Backed Debt for Expressway. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/14/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32713, p6
The article reports on the competitive sale of Wichita, Kansas' $40.5 million of bonds to back its planned construction of cross-city expressway. The sale is supported by sales of tax revenue and backstopped by the city's property tax collections. The city expects to meet the debt service...
- Texas Takes Transportation in New Directions. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/11/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 34220, p1
The article reports that Texas is using an innovative financing options for its transportation needs. This innovative approach is spurring additional creative advances, as well as safeguards to ensure that transportation entities make prudent choices with their new tools. The state launched bold...
- Oklahoma DOT to Sell 3d Tranche of Highway Bonds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/6/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32460, p32
The article reports on the plan of the Oklahoma Department of Transportation to sell another $ 100 million tax-exempt debt on October 2006 to aid in rebuilding the highway corridors in Oklahoma. The sale which is still to be negotiated will signal the third part of the federal highway grant...
- Growing Clark County, Nev., to Forward Refund $120M of GOs. Kelemen, Jasmina // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p32
Reports on Clark County, Nevada's issuance of limited-tax general obligation bonds in a forward refunding in July 2005. Total amount of the limited-tax general obligation bonds; Master transportation plan of Clark County; Expected ratings of the deal.
- Gas Tax Debt on Hold. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p33
Reports on the Washington Finance Committee to defer the issuance of transportation bonds if a measure that would repeal the gas tax increase qualifies for the November 2005 ballot.
- Minnesota Gov. Eyes $2.5B Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/2/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32311, p1
The article reports on the introduction of a multi-million dollar bond-financed transportation package by Governor Tim Pawlenty that would be funded with the additional revenue in Minnesota. As voters were encourage to adopt a constitutional amendment, the state would use the bond to cover debt...
- Transportation Funding Drives Debate in Virginia Race. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p32
Reports on the debate on how to finance transportation projects in Virginia. Impact of the transportation debate on the gubernatorial race between Jerry Kilgore and Tim Kaine; Proposals to change state tax laws; State-level bond sales for ground transportation.