School Closures Begin
- ARKANSAS: Board of Ed's Bond Reversal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/19/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33117, p9
The article reports that the Arkansas Board of Education has reversed its decision on the plan of the Pulaski County Special School Districts to issue $81.4 million of 27-year general obligation (GO) bonds in April 2009. The board decided to reverse an earlier rejection of the plan, which calls...
- Around the Statesï¿½. // Educational Marketer;6/18/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 13, p8
The article reports on the decision of Arkansas state Board of Education to approve a teacher evaluation system, which will use a combination of classroom observation, student test scores and teacher-selected indicators to measure teachers' classroom skills, effective in 2014-2015.
- MetPier Tunis to Illinois for Help. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/13/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33249, p1
The article reports on the request made by the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority to lawmakers in Chicago, Illinois. The agency plans to ask them to return to work on January 13, 2010 to for the power to restructure its debt and to extend the state's debt-service subsidy. Moreover, the...
- School District in Distress. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/24/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33522, p9
The article reports that the Pulaski County Special School District was pointed by the Arkansas Board of Education as financially distressed due to irregularities in its funds.
- Ark. State Board Sets Cut-off Scores For Teacher Testing. // Education Week;9/29/1982, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p2
The article reports that the Arkansas Board of Education has voted to require candidates for teaching certificates to meet minimum scores on the National Teacher Examination subject-matter tests.
- Four charter schools approved in Arkansas. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;1/13/2012, p7
The article reports that Arkansas Board of Education has given approval to four charter schools proposed by school districts.
- Dollarway (Ark.) district is taken over by the state. // American School & University Exclusive Insight;6/12/2012, p6
The article discusses the Arkansas Board of Education's decision to directly oversee the Dollarway School District following the Dollarway High School's failure to comply with accreditation standards since 2010, and its bottom 5 percent ranking in performance among schools in the state.
- ARKANSAS: Pulaski Schools Plan to GO. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/19/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33502, p9
The article reports on the effort of Pulaski County Schools Special School District trustees to seek approval for 104 million dollars of general obligation bonds from the Arkansas Board of Education.
- Future Debt Clouds MTA's $27.4B Plan. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;7/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31937, p1
Reports on the proposed capital budget of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority to maintain and expand the public transit system in New York. Combination of money from federal, state and local governments; Issuance of bonds to help pay for the projects in the capital budget; Allocation of...