Florida Lawmakers Mull Plan to Divide School Districts
- Tex. Voters Next To Decide Finance Amendment's Fate. Harp, Lonnie // Education Week;2/24/1993, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p20
The article presents information on the amendment passed by the Texas legislature to resolve the state's intractable school-finance battle. By approving this constitutional amendment the state can take money from wealthy school districts and distribute it among poorer ones. The amendment is...
- Ohio Bill Seeks Penalties For Faulty Attendance Data. Reid, Karla Scoon // Education Week;11/9/2005, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p25
The article reports that Ohio Senate has added an amendment to a House-passed education bill that would establish penalties for school districts and charter schools that report inaccurate membership counts and average daily-attendance data. Lawmakers were responding to the 63,000-student...
- A tale of three constitutional amendments. Cook, Brad // New Hampshire Business Review;6/15/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p22
The article focuses on the author's thoughts about the passage of three Constitutional Amendments Concurrent Resolutions (CACR) numbers 6, 12 and 13 in 2012 in New Hampshire.
- GEORGIA: Suit: Schools Misused Funds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/18/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33799, p9
The article offers information on a class action that was taken against public school districts in Georgia which used the taxpayers' money to finance a campaign against a constitutional amendment.
- MAJOR DEADLINES APPROACH AS SESSION WINDS DOWN; OTHER UPDATES ON PRIORITY BILLS. // TIPRO Target Newsletter;5/21/2015, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p1
The article focuses on the deadlines reached by the legislature in Texas as the end of the 84th Regular Legislative Session approaches including bills and resolutions, the U.S. Senate amendments, and conference committee reports.
- NORTHSIDE URBAN PATHWAYS CHARTER SCHOOL V. STATE CHARTER SCHOOL APPEAL BOARD: IMPLIED POWERS WITHIN THE PENNSYLVANIA CHARTER SCHOOLS LAW. McCarthy, Philip M. // Widener Law Journal;2014, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p393
The article examines the Charter School Law (CSL) and the statutory interpretation of Pennsylvania. It cites the case Northside Urban Pathways Charter School v. State Charter School Appeal Board wherein the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania identified the implied power of school districts and...
- Amendment Would Safeguard Slice of California Budget for Colleges. Fisher, Maria Jo // Community College Week;4/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p3
Reports on the effect of a proposed amendment to California's constitution on community college budgets in the state as of April 14, 2003. Condition of community colleges in California; Increase in tuition fee at such colleges; Provisions of the proposed amendment.
- Pa. Targets 11 Districts For Takeover. Johnson, Robert C. // Education Week;05/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p1
Deals with the Education Empowerment Act of Pennsylvania which gives nine of the school districts in the state three years to raise reading and mathematics scores of students or face takeovers. Impact of the provisions of the law to the school districts; Significance of the law to Pennsylvania;...
- Legislature clears bill to make `breakup' of L.A. District easier. Lindsay, Drew // Education Week;8/2/95, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p21
Reports on the passage of a state bill reducing the number of signature required on a petition to put before voters any proposal to split the Los Angeles, California district. Proposals for secession from the Los Angeles Unifried system; Blocking of break up bills by the state's Democratic Party.