Studying Impact of United's Return
- United's outlook darkens. Pletz, John // Crain's Chicago Business;10/6/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 40, p3
The article focuses on the economic condition of aircraft carrier United Airlines Inc. amidst the economic downturn in the U.S. United is eliminating flights to reduce its capacity to 11% which as per the company will prop up ticket prices. As per analysts, the airline will need more cash to...
- United's make-or-break chance. Hollon, John // Workforce Management;2/13/2006, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p58
This article provides information about the bankruptcy of United Airlines in February 2006. The company comes out of Chapter 11 with 30 percent fewer employees and $3 billion less in annual labor costs. Those workers who made it through and continued with the airline took two steep pay cuts and...
- United Airlines, Airbus, Boeing. // AirGuide Online.com;6/15/2009, p12
The article reports that the airline company United Airlines Inc. has announced acquisition of up to 10 billion dollars in new aircraft. The company's decision is stated to have been viewed as an indication of turnaround for the airline industry. According to a blog in the "Wall Street Journal,"...
- United flight plan a work in progress. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;9/12/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p1
The article reports that United Airlines Inc. has finally unveiled its long-awaited restructuring plan. It is reported that final reorganization plans are typically far different from the versions initially presented to bankruptcy judges for approval. But United, which aims to get out of...
- Time to take a fresh look at O'Hare expansion plan. // Crain's Chicago Business;6/7/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p8
While the airline industry changes, Chicago's, plan to expand O' Hare International Airport stays the same. Conceived amid the pre-September 11, 2001 travel boom and resting on the shaky pillars of United Airlines Inc. and American Airlines Inc., the $6.6-billion plan is behind schedule and at...
- United still in red but deficit falls. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/6/2004, Issue 2626, p9
Reports on the financial performance of United Airlines Inc. in April, May and June 2004.
- United Loses Third and Final Shot at Loan Guarantee. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/29/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31915, p36
Reports that the Federal Air Transportation Stabilization Board has rejected the bid of commercial carrier United Airlines' bid for a loan guarantee to back exit financing. Financial conditions of the commercial aeronautics firm; Total amount to be raised by the carrier to exit bankruptcy.
- UAL a Ch.11 fee machine. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;6/27/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p1
The article reports on the impact of the United Airlines Inc.'s long, tangled bankruptcy. United Airlines' long, tangled bankruptcy is shaping up to be among the costliest corporate restructuring in the U.S. history. An analysis of monthly operating reports filed with the Bankruptcy Court in...
- Going to China? Gaynor, Michael // Washingtonian Magazine;Oct2009, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on the announcement made by United Airlines to offer a nonstop route between the U.S. and China.