PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- PEOPLE & CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;3/22/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p18
Presents an update on executives and events in the cable industry as of March 22, 2004. Appointment of Thad Bydlon at carrier and technology company Caerus; Chapter Leadership Conference of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers in New Orleans, Louisiana; Washington Summit of the...
- Orlando Now NAB's Top Lobbyist. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p28
Reports that John Orlando, a Democrat, has been named executive vice president of cable television operators organization the National Association of Broadcasters in the U.S. Reason behind appointment of a Democrat for the position; Experience of Orlando in cable television industry; Name of...
- CABLE TOPPER EXITS. Crabtree, Susan // Daily Variety;6/22/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 55, p6
Reports on the resignation of Robert Sachs as chairman of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association of the United States. Indecency and other issues affecting the cable television industry; Reasons for Sachs' non-renewal of contract.
- CTAM '05 Stakes Its Claim in Philly. Bednarski, P. J. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/25/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 30, p8
Reports on the cable executives who are expected to attend Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing's annual conference in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Estimated number of executives who will participate in the conference.
- Well-Connected Laine Tapped by Texas Cable Ops. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/13/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p16
Reports on the appointment of Dale Laine Jr. as president and chief operating officer of the Texas Cable & Telecommunications Association (TCTA). Career background of Laine; Operational changes in TCTA; Implication of Laine's appointment for the association's goal in the legislative and...
- Berry Heads NCTA Government Office. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p20
Reports the appointment of Steven K. Berry as senior vice president of government relations for the National Cable & Telecommunications Association in December 2003. Political career of Berry; Reason for his selection; Involvement of Berry in a government scandal in 1992.
- ET Phones the Big D. // Multichannel News;2/16/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p23
Presents photographs of cable television executives attending the January 2004 Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers conference in Dallas, Texas.
- Cable Lags In Diversity: Survey. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 38, p1
This article focuses on the cable industry. The cable industry will put its best foot forward regarding diversity efforts but a new industry-based survey indicates cable still lags other industries in hiring and promoting people of color. Multichannel News obtained early results from the survey,...
- One More Year: Krone Decides to Stay with NCTA. // CableFAX Daily;9/16/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 180, p1
The article reports that David Krone of the Washington, D.C.-based National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA) have decided to stay with NCTA. The reaction of the NCTA on the decision of Krone is described. An overview of the personality of Krone is given. It is expected that Krone...