Ads Ask: 'Where Do You Vongo?'
- BIOCOASTAL EFFORT. Sperling, Jason // Advertising Age;3/3/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p40
This article offers a look at the advertising campaign for regional Metro Channel being offered to New York cable systems. Geography was no barrier, as San Francisco agency Wolfe/Doyle captured the character of unflappable New Yorkers in spots for the new regional Metro Channel, being offered to...
- Cable's Hometown Challenge. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/21/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 49, p14
Focuses on the promotions between television networks and local cable systems in the U.S. Reason for offering regional, high-minded promotions by cable operators; Remarks from Lauren Monks, director of affiliate marketing for Discovery Networks, on cause-related marketing campaigns; Promotional...
- Guys will be guys--and cable likes it. Fitzgerald, Kate // Advertising Age;6/9/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 23, pS-10
The article reports on the launch by the Spike TV cable television network of programming targeted at men in the U.S. in 2003. Key issues discussed include the plans of the network for advertising campaigns, information on negotiations between the cable network and sports organizations and the...
- TINY CABLERS SUPER-SIZE SNARKY STUNTS. Martin, Denise // Variety;3/1/2004, Vol. 394 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the marketing and advertising campaigns launched by small cable companies in the U.S. Print advertisement launched by music cabler Frenzy in "The New York Post"; Celebrity recruited by MTV to promote the network; Earnings forecast for Trio and Fuse for 2004 and 2005.
- History Repeats Itself. Joyce, Kathleen M. // Promo;Apr2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p25
Reports on the recognition of the Save Our History campaign of the History Channel in the U.S. with the Super Reggie Award from the Promotional Marketing Association. Description of the advertising campaign; Budget.
- Nick Jr celebrates world creativity & innovation week with 'Go Creative' campaign. // Indiantelevision.com;4/14/2015, p4
The article discusses the creativity campaign during the World Creativity and Innovation Week of April 2015 by the Nick Jr India cable television channel featuring their Dora the Explorer character as explained by Viacom18 firm business head Nina Elavia Jaipuria.
- Reality TV: Heavy Equipment Goes Prime Time. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/01/2003, Vol. 251 Issue 9, p35
Contractors who tune in to cable television regularly for an after-work escape may be in for a surprise. A large equipment manufacturer conglomerate based in Westport, Connecticut, has launched an aggressive advertising campaign to spotlight a lineup of low-cost loader backhoes to equipment...
- Racing UK starts subscriber drive. // Marketing (00253650);4/20/2006, p2
The article reports that horse racing television channel, Racing UK is running a national promotion to drive subscription rates around the flat-racing season. The campaign, created by the company 141 Worldwide, will be fronted by champion flat jockey, Jamie Spencer and will run through the...
- THE WORK. // Campaign;11/5/2004, Issue 45, p39
The article presents information on popular advertising campaigns. According to the brief of the advertising campaign of cable television network Channel 4, advertisement has to establish ownership of the arrival of the world's most famous IV program at Channel 4; establish the affinity between...