- TV guide probing 'Tailwind'. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;10/26/98, Vol. 17 Issue 44, p8
Reports that TV Guide is looking to reopen Cable News Network's (CNN) `Operation Tailwind' story. Former CNN reporter April Oliver's agreement with TV Guide; Details of the story; Retired Admiral Thomas Moorer as key figure in the `Tailwind' story.
- VOLUME CONTROL. // Multichannel News;2/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p14
Presents comments from readers on issues and events related to the multi-channel communication industry in the U.S. Move of DirecTV that would make it a formidable competitor of EchoStar; High cost of WiMax spectrum in the U.S.; Explanation that wireless speed will make wireless offerings by...
- He's Stargazing Into Cable's Busy 2004. Faust, Jim // Multichannel News;10/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p45
Predicts the technologies and issues that will emerge in the U.S. cable television industry in 2004. Resolution of the media ownership regulation; Adoption of Wi-Fi technology; Entry of computer-industry leaders in the market.
- Walking Into a Firestorm, Without End. McSlarrow, Kyle // Multichannel News;3/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p28
Presents an interview with Kyle McSlarrow, president of the National Cable and Telecommunication Association. Career background of McSlarrow; Top five marketplace and regulatory issues facing the cable television industry in the U.S.; Stand of the major regulatory issues facing the industry;...
- Roundabout Success Story. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;1/14/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 2, p38
The article focuses on Frances Manfredi, executive vice president (VP) and general sales manager for cable and non-theatrical sales at NBC Universal Domestic Television Distribution. It discusses how Manfredi reached into the sales executive position. According to Manfredi, what helped her most...
- NBCU Offers VOD Content for Cable. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;11/15/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p10
Reports on the talks made by NBC Universal with cable operators about deploying a video-on-demand (VOD) offering. NBC shows that are likely to be included in the offering; Reason for the significance of the progress of NBC Universal in VOD; Explanation on why content owners are adamant they be...
- NBCU Nets Move Up N.Y. Dial. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;9/10/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p8
The article reports on the changes in channels of cable television networks in New York City. Fox Business Network will be positioned alongside Fox News Channel. Fox Business Network will come on channel 43 and Fox News Channel will migrate to 44 from 46. NBC Universal Inc. services will occupy...
- NBCU SOLD ON ONE-STOP SHOP FOR NETWORK, CABLE AD SALES. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;5/30/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p45
Focuses on the efforts of NBC Universal to standardize some significant elements of selling television advertising in the U.S. as of May 2005. Benefits of acquiring the cable television assets of Vivendi-Universal; Evolution of the executive lineup; Importance of having a unified sales operation.
- Cable at a Crossroads. Hibberd, James // Television Week;5/30/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p47
Focuses on the NBC Universal (NBCU) Cable Entertainment and Cross-Platform Strategy in the U.S. Cable entertainment properties of NBCU; Benefit of the strategy to the company's cable properties; Responsibilities of company executive Jeff Gaspin with the strategy.