- NCTA, cable entities join hands to reschedule industry events. // CED;Apr2008, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) and several other leading organizations of the cable industry have agreed to reschedule the events of the industry. Along with NCTA, eleven other organizations including Walter Kaitz Foundation, Women in Cable...
- Success Path. Applebaum, Simon // CableFAX Daily;3/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p2
Provides information on the National Cable & Telecommunications Association's National Show to begin in April 9, 2006. Information on exhibit space; List of opening session and general session panelists.
- Industry Meets... to Reduce Meetings. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;10/22/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 42, p3
The article provides information concerning the meeting hosted by the National Cable & Telecommunications Association in the U.S. The potential integration is being driven by large cable system operators, which are searching to reduce travel expenses and increase the year-round availability of...
- Scrambling to reassure cable. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;10/11/99, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p24
Reports on the plan of manufacturers during the Western Show to show cable operators developments in cable-ready digital equipment. Focus on security and content protection; National Cable Television Association's appeal on the Federal Communications Commission's deadline for scrambler...
- Hurricane Season: MSOs Wait and Worry for '06 Storms. // CableFAX Daily;5/30/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 104, p1
Focuses on the Cable: Ready initiative launched by the National Cable and Telecommunications Association in the U.S. in May 2006. Number of subscribers lost by different cable operators from the 2004 and 2005 hurricanes; Measures taken by multi-service operators in order to address the issue of...
- Execution is the new mantra. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;06/21/99, Vol. 129 Issue 26, p8
Provides highlights of the National Cable Television Association's (NCTA) convention in Chicago, Illinois in June 1999. Introduction of AT&T Corp. Chairman Michael Armstrong; Boradband communications as the show's theme; Remarks by cable veteran Paul Allen; Accelerated pace of change in the...
- NCTA, CATA ponder a merger. // Electronic Media;12/14/98, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p30
Reports on the merger between the National Cable Television Association and the Cable Telecommunications Association.
- Cable tries to explain itself. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/28/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 44, p36
Reports on the introduction of reporting standards for capital spending and counting of video, data and telephone subscribers by National Cable & Telecommunications Associations. Percentage reduction in cable stock for the year 2002; Details of the standards set by the association.
- Cable/telco policy 1994: How nine see it. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/23/94, Vol. 124 Issue 21, p58
Reports on the presentation of nine interviews regarding telecommunications policy spectrum at the 1994 convention of the National Cable Television Association (NCTA). Sponsorship by the `Broadcasting & Cable' magazine and Gordon Communications; Installation of television kiosks in the exhibit...