Tackling Customer Confusion
- Ops Fret ESPN Hikes: This Year's and 2002's. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the preparations of cable television operators for a rate increase from ESPN. Potential acquisition of National Basketball Association package; Renewal of Sunday-night National Football League package.
- Waking the Giant. Tignor, Stephen // Tennis;Jun2004, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p112
Suggests tips on how ESPN can improve the performance of its TV coverage of tennis tournaments.
- Fulfilling Sports Fans' Passion. Bodenheimer, George W. // Multichannel News;11/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p24
The article presents the author's views on the effect of a newly launched enterprise in Bristol, Connecticut, the passionate sports fans, which helped ESPN Inc. grew into a company that today reaches sports fans worldwide through television broadcasting.
- Eguipment taken to extremes. Summerfield, Gideon // TVB Europe;Aug98, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p30
Focuses on the live television coverage of the 1998 Extreme Games or X-Games in San Diego, California, by sports-network ESPN. Equipment used by ESPN for the television production; Details on the coverage.
- ESPN doubles game plans. R.B. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/15/96, Vol. 126 Issue 30, p49
Reports on the plan of ESPN to double the number of pay-per-view college football telecasts in fall 1996. Availability of more than 100 out-of-market games to cable, wireless cable, and satellite operators.
- ESPN buffs up NFL. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;11/14/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 29, p28
Reports on ESPN International's launching of a National Football League broadcast in Latin American television.
- ESPN close to new deal with Major League Baseball. Schmuckler, Eric // MediaWeek;7/12/93, Vol. 3 Issue 28, p1
Reports on Major League Baseball's renewal of its broadcasting rights contract with ESPN. Contract's duration; Number of games covered; Rights fee; Fee per game; Comments from an ESPN's spokesperson; Prime Network as ESPN's competitor.
- ESPN BIG ON LITTLE LEAGUE. Mitchell-Marell, Gabrielle // Daily Variety;8/7/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 24, p13
Reports on the move of Entertainment & Sports Programming Network to expand its coverage of the Little League World Series in the U.S.
- ESPN: Home Field for Sports Addicts. Janis, Lauren // Columbia Journalism Review;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p96
Focuses on the ESPN twenty-four-hour sports news television network. What helped develop the network's identity; Number of homes the network reached by 1984; Growth of ESPN.