For Details on the Olympics, Go to the Remote Control
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;2/22/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p2
Reports on the Winter Olympics programming ratings of cable television operators as of February 22, 2006. NBCU; CNBC.
- Brazil's Pay TV Game. Penteado, Claudia // Ad Age Global;May2001, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p32
Provides information on the different cable television operators in Brazil that provide pay-per-view services for sports programs and events. Viewership of soccer and extreme sports events; Pay-per-view rates from Pan-American Sports Network and SporTV; Advertisers of cable and satellite networks.
- Ski Channel in '08. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;4/30/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 18, p28
The article reports that Steve Bellamy, founder of the cable television network The Tennis Channel, has signed an agreement with Time Warner Cable to carry his latest project, the Ski Channel, beginning in 2008. The Ski Channel's status as a digital on-demand channel is noted. Bellamy claims 90...
- NFL Net Rejects Time Warner's Proposal. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;12/18/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p4
The article reports on NFL Network's rejection of the proposal by Time Warner Cable to enable subscribers in the New York metropolitan area to see Rutgers University play Kansas State in the Texas Bowl. The NFL Network offered Time Warner a free license to show its programming for a week on an...
- TVKO Starts Slowly With 2001 Fight Slate. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;01/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p22
Reports on developments related to pay-per-view (PPV) broadcast of boxing in the United States as of January 29, 2001. PPV operator TVKO's plan to distribute the April 7, 2001, bout between Prince Naseem Hamed and Marco Antonio Barerra; Boxer Oscar De La Hoya's termination of his contract with...
- On Deck. // CableFAX Daily;9/30/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 190, p1
The article reports on the launching of regional sports cable network SportsNet New York in Spring 2005. Sports events that it will organize are listed. Star attractions of the network are described.
- TVKO's Next Pitch: Vargas-Trinidad. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/27/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 48, p132
Focuses on the plans of pay-per-view operator TVKO for the Fernando Vargas-Felix Trinidad boxing match on December 2, 2000. Benefits to be derived from the multimedia promotional campaign; Advertising plans.
- TNT Readies NBA Marketing Campaign. // Multichannel News;9/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p50
This article reports the cable television network Turner Network Television (TNT) will tip off a cross-platform marketing campaign for its coverage of the 2004-05 National Basketball Association (NBA) season early next month. TNT said the commercials will begin running nationally the week of...
- Cable Rivals Step Up to the Dish. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p4
Reports on the move by cable television operator rivals DirecTV Inc. and RCN Corp. to capitalize on Time Warner Cable's loss of New York Mets telecasts in August 2004. Complaints against Time Warner; Advertisement campaign released by the companies; Remarks from a Time Warner spokesman on the...