$20 Billion Question
- STAT SNAP. // Telecom Asia;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses the forecast of Informa Telecoms & Media about the continuous increase of digital television (TV) subscription by 2015, which is estimated at 400 million.
- Set-top survival. Ren, Xiaoyan; Hu, Willy // Electronics Weekly;5/22/2002, Issue 2053, p26
Focuses on the selection of set-top boxes for digital pay television. Factors that need to be considered in selecting set-top boxes; Characteristics of an interactive application; Steps in selecting set-top boxes.
- Titans tussle over TV. Vivarelli, Nick // Daily Variety;4/23/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 15, p8
The article reports on the conflict between Mediaset TV from Silvio Berlusconi and Sky Italia from Rupert Murdoch over the decision of the European Commission to give News Corp. access to digital television (TV) licenses in Italy.
- Digital headache for pay TV. Shoebridge, Neil // BRW;9/2/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 34, p38
The article reports on the impact of the emergence of digital channels on the pay television industry in Australia, including a reduction in audience share and revenues.
- Hard to get a clear picture on pay TV. Shoebridge, Neil // BRW;2/17/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p40
This article examines the impact of free-to-air digital television channels on viewing in pay television households in Australia.
- Making interactive TV pay. de Bruin, Ronald // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep97, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p105
Looks at the effect of the early introduction of digital television on the success of the competitive pay-TV market in Europe. Establishment of the European Launching Group on Digital Video Broadcasting; Aims of the digital video broadcasting (DVB) project; Factors to consider in creating a...
- DIGITAL NETS SURVIVE 9/11. Tillson, Tamsen // Variety;4/1/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 7, p29
Focuses on the digital specialty television (TV) subscription sector in Canada as of April 7, 2002. Increase in digital TV subscriptions for the last three months of 2001; Increase in the number of households with digital TV subscriptions; Popular channels according to research collected by...
- Euro pay TV doesn't pay. Hopewell, John; De Pablos, Emiliano; Dawtrey, Adam; James, Alison; Meza, Ed; Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Variety;04/23/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the decline in the market for digital pay television in Europe as of April 23, 2001. Overview of the losses of Europe's pay television networks; Potential for increased penetration of the market in the region; Negotiation of sports rights on a club-by-club basis; Importance of...
- Clouded vision. Kidman, Angus // Bulletin with Newsweek;5/7/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6323, p56
Reports developments on digital television (TV) in Australia. Details on the better performance of pay television over digital TV; Influence of local market conditions on the success of digital TV; Concerns regarding piracy of digital broadcast.