- CABLE TELEVISION. Martin, Denise; Levine, Stuart // Variety;1/12/2004, Vol. 393 Issue 8, pA9
Presents an update on cable television networks in the U.S. as of January 2004. Television program lineup of HBO for 2004; Increase in the ratings for the Sunday night National Football League games of ESPN; Golden Globe series nominees earned by FX.
- New Chief Unpacks HBO Pilots. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;4/14/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p1
The article focuses on the belief of HBO Entertainment president Sue Naegle that the cable television (TV) network is in a different league than its competition in the U.S. She admitted that programming at other networks is getting more attention. According to SNL Kagan Research, there is a...
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;9/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 184, p3
The article presents news briefs related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of September 2005. Information on the off-network rights of Warner Brothers acquired by ABC Family is included. The change in the name of Pax to i Sun is reported. The season 2 of reality documentary "Off to...
- In the States. // CableFAX Daily;2/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p2
Reports on the decision by the municipal government in Taunton, Massachusetts to withdraw its proposed launching of cable TV service. Reason for the decision of the municipal government.
- Coen Watch: Cable TV. Coen, Robert; Ward, Adrienne // Advertising Age;10/14/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 44, pS-20
Provides an outlook on cable television (TV) broadcasting in the U.S. for 1992. Reason that cable TV has more to look forward to than most other media industries; Expected increase in average unit prices for cable networks in 1992.
- CABLE FACES MULTIPLE CHALLENGES. Mermigas, Diane // Television Week;12/1/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p10
Discusses predictions on the challenges to be faced by the U.S. cable television industry in 2004. Efforts of the industry to offer new services; Concerns over the financial impact of the use of the pay-for-play business model by cable companies; Recommendations to video service businesses.
- CABLE'S INDIAN SUMMER. Littlejohn, Janice Rhoshalle // Multichannel News;9/14/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p16
The article focuses on the popularity of the cable television networks during the summer season in the U.S. A study suggests that the industry has achieved its 10th-summer straight win over its broadcast rivals in household share. Despite the industry's success, the author argues that most...
- OPERATORS GIVE ESPN HIGH MARKS. // Cable World (10427228);1/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p25
Focuses on the value attributed by U.S. cable television (TV) operators to ESPN cable TV network according to a study by Beta Research Corp. Amount that cable operators pay for ESPN per month; Other highly valued cable TV networks among operators.
- ALMOST ALL IN THE FAMILY. Hearn, Ted; Farrell, Mike; Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;12/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p1
The article reports on the plan of top cable television operators in the U.S. to offer a profanity-free, sex-free bundle of channels to television consumers according to Kyle McSlarrow, president of the National Cable Telecommunications Association.