USA Starts Year Off Strong
- USA's Hit Parade Runs Year-Round. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;9/14/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p17
The article reports on the plan of USA Network to launch the television program "White Collar" in the U.S. It states that the program is a combination of drama and comedy that pairs an artist with a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agent. The company says that it has six original series for...
- Cabler USA in King's 'Zone' for series. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;1/4/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 24, p45
Reports that USA Network has picked up 'The Dead Zone,' a series adaptation of the Stephen King novel that had been on UPN's slate as a possible midseason entry in 2002. USA' purchase of the pilot and 22 episodes of the series from Lions Gate Television.
- Big Concept for Summer. Peavey, Shannon // Television Week;6/7/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p22
Provides information on the television program "The 4400," to be launched by USA Networks for summer 2004 in the U.S. Concept and genre of the program; Reason of the network for launching the program in summer, according to Jeff Wachtel, network executive vice president for series and long...
- Wrapping Up a Philosophy. Hill, Lee Alan; Hall, Lee // Television Week;6/27/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p22
Focuses on the strategies adopted by the cable television company USA Network in television programming. Factors being considered by the network in looking for character-based shows; Concept of the television program "Monk" and "The 4400"; Information on the network's television program genres...
- Nielsen passive meter test near. Walley, Wayne // Advertising Age;9/10/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 37, p64
Focuses on the passive people meter, a proposed method to measure television viewers in the U.S. Overview of how the method works; Benefits of the method to advertisers; Problems associated with the implementation of the method; Plan for the promotion of the method.
- It's Not Just Fellows Who Are Missing. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;12/15/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 50, p6
Focuses on the defection of young viewers from broadcast television in the U.S. as of December 15, 2003. Profile of viewers born since the mid 1970s; Importance of reality television programs to young viewers; Information on cable network XY.TV.
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;5/5/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p26
Presents news items related to various development in the U.S. television broadcasting industry as of May 2003. Details of the 'Eco-Challenge Fiji' television program by USA Network Inc.; Sponsors for the Chevy Trucks used in the program; Plans of Procter & Gamble to advertise Crest...
- Those Missing Young Men: A Network Mystery. McDowell, Jeanne; Novack, Kate // Time;
Discusses theories explaining why the number of young male television viewers in the U.S. has dropped. Impact of the prime-time audience decline on television networks; Theories, including bad programs and outside distractions.
- Stalking the Younger Viewer. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;2/2/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 5, p26
Discusses how cable networks turn to daytime TV programming in an aim to attract younger viewers in the U.S. as of February 2, 2004. Popularity of the TV show "Trading Spaces" among younger viewers; Favorite daytime TV programs among young viewers; Remarks from TLC general manager Roger Marmet...