OUT OF SPACE, ONTO THE GROUND
- DBS, cable bidders may seek alternative partners. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;8/21/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p3
The article deals with the plan of companies to seek alternative partners in the wireless services spectrum auctions. In an initial anticipation that cable and satellite companies would use the advanced wireless services spectrum auction to enhance the mobile marketplace. Bidders who have...
- Combine Platforms, Add Dose of Bromo. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;11/5/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p70
Reports the venture between Echostar Communications Corp. and DirecTV Inc. in the United States. Possible effects of the integration; Formation of integration teams of the companies; Claims of EchoStar communications manager Marc Lumpkin on the integration.
- DBS to Keep $5.99 Local-TV Prices. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;12/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 52, p7
Reports the plan of EchoStar Communications Corp. and DirecTV Inc. to hold steady rates of local television stations in the United States. Mandate of the federal government on additional broadcasters; Impact of the changing rate on the subscribers; Right in providing local television signals.
- Telly up to the bar. Fitzgerald, Kate // Advertising Age;12/11/2000, Vol. 71 Issue 51, p30
The article reports on the joint venture between Big Fat Promotions and the Dish Network unit of EchoStar Communications Corp. to produce NightLife TV, a stream of satellite television programming for nightclubs to be launched in the U.S. in early 2001. Key issues discussed include support for...
- DBS Operators Fight State Taxes. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p76
Reports that DirecTV Inc. and Echo-Star Communications Corp. are jointly battling tax proposals that would levy taxes on their customers in Maine and Nevada. Percentage of consumer tax added on direct-broadcast satellite service to Maine's state budget; Opposition to tax in Nevada.
- The urge to merge: EchoStar, DirecTV seek to become broadband juggernaut. Barthold, Jim // Satellite Broadband;Dec2001, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on the industrial impact of the merger between broadband satellite communications provider EchoStar Communications and DirectTV. Role of the merger to address the digital divide; Antitrust issues surrounding the deal; Benefits from the merger.
- Orbiting Wall Street. Careless, James // Satellite News;2/27/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p8
The article offers satellite-related news as of February 2006. The opinion of Morgan Stanley Equity Research on the stock of Eutelsat is presented. The speculation on the terrestrial wireless broadband service that will be launched by DirecTV and Echostar Communications Corp. is also discussed.
- Satcasters receive court date. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;11/7/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 24, p31
Reports that satellite broadcasters EchoStar Communications Corp and DirectTV will go into trial to appeal Washington State court decision to deny their bid to merge. Court's refusal to expedite the merger; Antitrust issues surrounding the proposed merger.
- DBS romances the phone. // CED;Sep2003, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p16
Reports that EchoStar and DirecTV have gained the ability to bundle video and voice services via telco partnerships in the U.S. Cause of the agreement; Belief of the companies on the partnership.