- It is Winter: Did you forget your Skis? Kreb, Sigrid Gunild // Virginia Journal;Spring2008, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p28
Walking and Nordic Walking are the emerging trend sports in Europe where retailers have discovered the market potential of offering equipment to the general public for less money. Walking has always been popular in the United States and finally Nordic Walking is in the "Pole Position".
- Cold December fuels sales in ski specialty shops…. // NSGA Retail Focus;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p18
The article reports on the increase in sales at specialty ski and snowboard shops in the U.S. in December 2005. The report released by the SnowSports Industries America (SIA) Retail Audit showed a total sales of $1.2 billion, a 12% increase compared to sales in 2004. Data on the sales of Alpine...
- …And does the same in sporting goods chain stores, too. // NSGA Retail Focus;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p18
The article reports on the increase in sporting goods chain stores snowsport sales through the holidays (August through December) in the U.S. According to the SnowSports Industries America (SIA) Retail Audit, sales were $347.1 million, a 17% increase compared to the sales in 2004. Data on sales...
- Selling Sporting Goods Online: From Athletic Cuds to Zambonis! Serwer, Andy // Fortune;6/8/1998, Vol. 137 Issue 11, p260
Mentions the variety of sporting equipment available through SportSite, an online retailer. Founders; Contact point.
- Sports & fitness online sales up more strongly in 2008 than overall online sales. // NSGA Retail Focus;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p19
The article reports on the increase in online sales of sports & fitness in 2008 in the U.S. A review of quarterly retail electronic-commerce growth rates depicts a slowdown in the retail economy in the country. However, the start of a quarter in 2008 incurred an acceleration of growth rates in...
- Commerce and content coalesce. Troy, Mike // Discount Store News;12/13/99, Vol. 38 Issue 23, p62
Offers a look at the Internet retailing of sporting goods in the United States. Posted sales of companies; Comments concerning the behavior of sports fans; Performance of companies engaged in the on-line selling of sporting goods.
- TUNNEL VISION. // Skiing;Nov2006, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p62
The article focuses on tunnel skiing. Two movies are discussed, Corduroy, which features a character jibbing, or moving side to side, through a hole dug into the snow. Another movie Off the Grid, has Bryce Phillips and Pep Fujas skiing straight down into a tunnel in Krippenstein, Austria. The...
- snow toys. // Health (Time Inc. Health);Dec2002, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p69
Evaluates several winter sports equipment. Cost; Features; Skills needed; Skill level.
- Three sizzling ways to hit the slopes. Hannon, Kerry // U.S. News & World Report;2/26/96, Vol. 120 Issue 8, p76
Presents the results of the author's test of winter sporting equipment. Her use of Fischer `Revolution Ice' hourglass skis; Details of her trial of a snowboard and snowshoes; Various companies that make this equipment including Elan, Fischer, Head and K2.