SALOMON INSTITUTES JOB CUTS, MANAGEMENT RESTRUCTURING
- Amer Group Acquires Salomon. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Jun2005, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the acquisition of Adidas-Salomon AG by Amer Group in June 2005. Significance of the acquisition to the goal of Amer in the sporting goods industry; Comments from Roger Talermo, president and CEO of Amer Sports, on the potential of the deal; Background on the financial performance of...
- Aiming High. Leand, Judy // SGB;Jul2005, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p38
Interviews Roger Talermo, president and CEO of Amer Sports Corp. about the strategy behind the Salomon acquisition. Information on what prompted Amer to purchase Salomon; Plans to move the headquarters of any of Amer's brands; Biggest challenge regarding the integration of Salomon.
- Amer Sports mit Country Manager. Carey, Susannah // Textilwirtschaft;7/12/2012, Issue 28, p157
The article announces that the sport clothing firm Amer Sports Deutschland out of Garching, Germany, is reorganizing the company.
- Learning from the Past -- Downsizing Lessons for Managers. Gandolfi, Franco // Journal of Management Research (09725814);Apr2008, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p3
Downsizing as a change management strategy has been adopted by companies and governmental agencies since the 1970s. While workforce reductions were utilized mainly in response to organizational and economic crises prior to the mid-1980s, downsizing developed into a proactive restructuring...
- Schulman cuts capacity, jobs in Ohio, Texas. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;12/18/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p11
No abstract available.
- Extended mass layoffs, 2006. // Monthly Labor Review;Mar2007, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p2
The article provides information on extended mass layoffs in the U.S. in 2006. For all of 2006, employers reported 4,689 extended mass layoff actions, affecting 894,739 workers. Compared with 2005, the number of events was down from 4,881, but the number of separations was up from 884,661....
- St. Vincent's rules out layoffs despite filing Chapter 11. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;7/18/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the plan of the bankrupt operator of Saint Vincent's Hospital Westchester in Harrison, New York not to reduce the number of staff at the behavioral healthcare center. Financial performance of the facility in 2004; Factors that contribute to the hospital's financial problems;...
- Moto says 4,000 more must go. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;6/4/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p6
The article reports that Motorola Inc. will terminate 4,000 more jobs in the coming year, on top of 3,500 job cuts to be completed by July 2007. The reduced workforce at the world's No. 2 handset vendor is part of a $1 billion restructuring the vendor is undertaking to slim down while it...
- Hvpercom Corp. // Cards & Payments;Aug2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p22
Reports that Hypercom Corp., a Phoenix-based payment-terminal manufacture, has to cut more than jobs worldwide. Inclusion of the senior management positions; Details of the reorganization plan; Sales performance of the company.