From Sports to Sport to SGB
- Taking a Lesson from a Magazine Legend. Lewis, Geoffrey C. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Aug2003, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p1
Discusses lessons learned from the field of magazine business journalism. Praises for magazine editor Richard Stolley; Factors essential to the magazine publishing business; Views on the value of magazine publishing as a business.
- Biomedical journal editing: elements of success. Gasparyan, Armen Yuri; Ayvazyan, Lilit; Kitas, George D. // Croatian Medical Journal;Jun2011, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p423
An essay on the elements of quality journal publication is presented. The author discusses the importance of databases on the originality of the journals applying for indexing, which implies a unique journal title, specific scope of interest, original content of the published articles, and...
- Editor's Note. Obe, E. S. // Nigerian Journal of Technology;Jul2014, Vol. 33 Issue 3, pi
No abstract available.
- The NCR crew in 2004. // National Catholic Reporter;10/22/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 45, p27A
Presents the staff and writers for the periodical "National Catholic Reporter." Publishers; Editors; Writers; Staff.
- Public relations practices at medical journals. Kiernan, Vincent // Learned Publishing;Jan2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p5
Many publishers of medical journals actively court coverage by the news media. However, the extent and effect of these practices are poorly understood. After reviewing prior literature regarding the impact of news coverage on the citation rate of journal articles, this paper seeks to measure the...
- Dear readers. Craft, Patty // Horticulture;Aug/Sep2010, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p5
The article provides information on the plans of the author for this journal as she assumes her role as its publisher and editorial director.
- MEMO PAD. Bernstein, Jacob; Lindsay, Greg; J.B. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/21/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 83, p14
Three news briefs relating to magazines and magazine publishing in the United States as of October 21, 2003 are presented. First, 'Esquire' magazine editor Stefano Tonchi has confirmed that he plans to leave the company to become the style editor for 'The New York Times Magazine.' Second, an...
- Mags matter. // Advertising Age;10/22/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 43, p24
The article comments on the cultural importance of periodicals and the viability of its business model in the United States. Analysts highlight the need for publishers and editors to define the role of weeklies and monthlies in an age of instant information citing the indications of the...
- Q&A QUICKIE. Calvacca, Lorraine // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Aug2003, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p13
Interviews John Lombardi, editor-in-chief of the magazine "Salt Lake," on magazine journalism. Reaction to a magazine writer who called him a surprise hire at "Salt Lake"; His views on the state of the magazine publishing business; Advice for young journalists.