Vital Apparel Acquires InSport
- K2 Makes a Pitch to Buy Locally Based Fotoball USA. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p10
Announces K2 Inc.'s offer to purchase Fotoball USA, a San Diego-based maker of souvenirs, for about $17 million. Possible benefits for both companies; Other acquisitions of K2 including Rawlings Sporting Goods Co., Olin, Worth, Stearns, and Shakespeare.
- Scent of a woman (athlete). MacMillan, Amanda // Prevention;Jul2006, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p42
This article provides product reviews related to athletic clothing for women. Among the products discussed are Reebok Aromatherapy Tops that release pleasant scents, the Brooks HVAC moisture-wicking women's athletic clothing and sneakers, and the InSport Low Rise Shorts that kill germs and...
- Most Wanted. // Transworld Skateboarding;Nov2003, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p252
Covers information on skateboard-related products in the U.S. as of November 2003. Description of skateboards manufactured by enjoi Skateboards; Features of Ghetto Child skateboard wheels; Advantages of the High Velocity Bearings from FKD.
- At play. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);7/17/95, Issue 28, p72
Features some technologically advanced sports and entertainment products. LotusSport 110 bicycle; Reebok's Instapump Fury and Nike's Air Max shoes; Mannerfelt B-28 high-performance boat; Casio QV-10 digital camera; Corgi, a self-propelled tennis-ball retriever; Active Brake Technology, a system...
- Light It Up. Beech, Mark; Cook, Kevin; Mravic, Mark // Sports Illustrated;11/15/99, Vol. 91 Issue 19, Following p40
Offers information on Satellight, a lighted backboard and rim by Huffy Sports. Benefits of the backboard for evening basketball games; How the backboard works; Features; Cost; Availability.
- Good Gear. Walzer, Emily // SGB;Nov2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p66
Provides information on several sporting goods in late 2004. Core Protective Gear for men by Shock Doctor; Steripen water purifier; RS_2 sandal by Pearl Izumi; LiveStrong socks by Defeet; Head gear by Full90 Sports.
- Stand and Deliver. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses the impact of new technologies, resort upgrades and creative customer service on the snow sports industry in the U.S. Efforts have been made by various vendors, retailers and industry leaders in order to outlive elitist image of snow sports. These group welcomes the masses...
- Performance Couture. Walzer, Emily // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p24
The article offers a look at the use of functional clothing in fashion in the U.S. A new trend is emerging with the alignment of the world of fashionable and functional clothing. This trend is driven by two factors. On one hand, textile makers look for broader markets, while stylish consumers...
- Think Small. Bouchard, Nancy // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p26
The article deals with the influence of nanotechnology on the sporting goods industry in the U.S. Nanotechnology involves the manipulation of materials at a microscopic level. It has resulted to an increasing number of consumer-ready hard goods products. Nanotechnology has given rise to a wider...