Everlast's Horowitz Passes Away
- Horowitz Heritage. // License!;Jul2004, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p16
Profiles George Horowitz, president and chief executive officer of United States-based Everlast Worldwide Inc. Start of career in the apparel business; Determination to purchase the Everlast brand; Accomplishment of an increase in worldwide recognition factor.
- A Powerful Hook. Sullivan, Mark // SGB;Sep2004, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on the participation of sporting goods maker Everlast in the production of the boxing reality television show "The Contender." Remarks from Everlast CEO George Horowitz on the benefit of the television show to the brand; Plot of the show; Products unveiled by the company.
- Super show stats. Dvorak, Jeanette // American Fitness;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the Sporting Goods Manufacturers of America's trade show entitled `The Super Show' in Atlanta, Georgia on February 4-7, 1994. Information on last year's Super Show; Contact information.
- Golf keeps growing. // Golf World;06/27/97, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p8
Reports on a study conducted by the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association regarding sales of United States sports equipment, apparel and footwear. Overall findings of the study; Ranking of golf in sales leadership; Equipment that topped the money count.
- Dark cloud hangs over Super Show as industry braces for tough year. Troy, Mike // Discount Store News;2/7/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the troubling issues faced by the sporting goods industry in 2000. Impact of the Super Show of the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association on retailers and consumers; Impact of the year 2000 being an Olympic year with summer games to be held in Australia on the sale of sporting...
- Super show still offers excitement. Troy, Mike // Discount Store News;3/6/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the sporting goods and products which were presented at the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association's annual 2000 Super Show. Seal Mask swim goggles from US Divers; Potential profits for team sports dealers; Performance in the basketball category.
- Everlast Steps into Ring. Dolbow, Sandra // Brandweek;11/06/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p16
Reports on the brand awareness efforts of Everlast Worldwide, a sporting goods company, following the October 2000 purchase of Everlast by Active Apparel Group, a licensee of Everlast. Executive to head the worldwide licensing efforts of Everlast; In-store events of Everlast with sporting goods...
- SGMA's New Format Rejuvenates Show. Lloyd, Brenda // DNR: Daily News Record;6/18/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 25, p14
The article discusses the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association's trade show, SGMA Spring Market, which took place in Las Vegas, Nevada, from June 11-13 at the Sands Expo & Convention Center. The article reports that some of the footwear and apparel vendors at the trade show included Under...
- Honoring the Past and Looking to the Future. James // SGB;Dec2007, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p4
The article discusses the history of "Sporting Goods Business" magazine and provides a brief biographical sketch. The magazine was launched in 1968 as a free publication for sporting goods retailers and is now part of the SportsOneSource Group. The author states that the biggest change is that...