Sears Exec Becomes Dick's CMO
- Sears Shuffles Apparel Execs. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/15/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the reshuffling of the executives of Sears, Roebuck & Co. to increase its fashion business. Engagement of Gwen K. Manto as executive vice president and general manager; Employment of Mindy Meads as president and CEO; Recruitment of David McCreight as as senior vice president;...
- Sears Shifts Apparel Execs. Palmieri, Jean E.; Moin, David // DNR: Daily News Record;1/19/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the move by Sears, Roebuck to boost its apparel business by promoting Mindy Meads to president and CEO of its Lands' End division and hiring Gwen Manto to succeed her as executive vice-president and general manager of merchandising and design functions for all Sears' apparel, footwear...
- GWEN MANTO EXITS DICK'S SPORTING GOODS. // SGB;May2009, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p17
The article offers information on the resignation of Gwen Manto as executive vice president (EVP) and chief merchandising officer of Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. According to a filing with the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), the retailer will not replace her. Rather, the retailer will...
- Dick's Names Head Merchant. Manto, Gwen // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/6/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 119, p12
The article announces the appointment of Gwen Manto as executive vice president and chief merchandising officer at athletic retailer Dick's Sporting Goods. Manto, who joined Sears in 2004, is credited with building the company's exclusive labels, including Parallel. Manto will oversee all...
- Sears Seeks Top Executives. Moin, David; Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/6/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 119, p6
The article reports on Sears Roebuck's search for top executives. The retailer is seeking a chief merchant and new leaders for its apparel business. Gwen Manto, executive vice president and general merchandise manager for softlines, has left to join Dick's, the sports retailer. Dan Laughlin...
- MARKET WATCH. // DSN Retailing Today;10/13/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 19, p4
Reports developments in the retail trade in the U.S. as of October 2003. Closure of the Ativa stores of Dick's Sporting Goods; Appointment of Beryl Buley as senior vice president of Sears, Roebuck and Co.; Launch of the credit card program from Modell's Sporting Goods.
- Dick's shops Sears ranks and lands a softlines vet. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;12/19/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 23, p5
The article reports on the increased focus on footwear and apparel categories by the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based sporting goods retailer, Dick's Sporting Goods. The company has also hired Gwen Manto for the position of executive vice president and chief merchandising officer. Dick's became...
- Sears adds Bufano as evp, softlines. // Home Textiles Today;12/10/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p15
Announces the appointment of Kathryn Bufano as executive vice-president on Sears, Roebuck and Co. Focus on merchandising strategies; Responsibility on brand development.
- A HARD SELL FOR SEARS' NEW CEO ON WALL STREET. Baeb, Eddie // Crain's Chicago Business;11/06/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p4
Reports on the appointment of Alan Lacy as chief executive officer of Sears Roebuck & Co. Career history; Job responsibilities; Plans for credit and apparel business.