When Good Mergers Go Bad
- Money On The Move: M&A Seeing Growth Spurt, More To Come. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/15/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 53, p1b
The article discusses the increase in mergers and acquisitions after the economic recovery picked up following the global financial recession. During 2010 global merger and acquisition rose by 22.7 percent to 2.09 trillion dollars while in U.S. it registered growth of 2.8 percent to 714.3...
- Benetton's new suits. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/19/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the decision of Italian sportswear maker Benetton SpA to pursue lawsuits against German retailers over nonpayment for merchandise. Reason of retailers for withholding payments.
- Benetton, German retailers squabble. Mussey, Dagmar; Masera, Anne // Advertising Age;2/6/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p46
Reports on a dispute between Benetton SpA and clothing retail stores in Germany. Benetton's suit against German retailers for non-payment of merchandise and franchise fees; Stores' allegations on the negative effect of Benetton's ads to retail business; Developments regarding Benetton branches...
- Spin Cycle. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Sep2005, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p30
Interviews Stephen Charrier, vice president of sales and marketing at Rollerblade, about expectations on the changes in the inline skate category. Effects of the ownership of Rollerblade by Benetton on its market share in the U.S.; Benefits of the acquisition of Rollerblade by Tecnica in 2003;...
- Grazie, Benetton! Rocca, Francis X. // Forbes Global;12/22/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p28
Presents news in the sporting goods market as of December 2003. Performance of clothing retailer Benetton in the sporting goods business; Move of Italian outfit Tecnica to acquire Nordica brand from Benetton; Performance of Tecnica in ski boot making; Comment from Alberto Zanatta, general...
- Berliner Named President at Solomon. Shearer, Brent // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Apr2002, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p23
Reports the appointment of Kenneth T. Berliner to the position of president for Peter J. Solomon Co. in New York. Career background; Responsibilities of Berliner; Achievements of Berliner.
- Benetton goes past â‚¹1,000 cr in sales. // Images Retail;May2013, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p17
The article reports that the sales of Italian fashion group Benetton has reached 1,000 crore Indian rupee in India, which made the Indian market the retail group's largest market outside Europe.
- Benetton Buying Benetton Sportsymtem for $334 M. // DNR: Daily News Record;7/16/97, Vol. 27 Issue 85, p2
The article reports on the plan of Treviso, Italy-based Benetton Group SpA to purchase Benetton Sportsystem SpA, the company which holds the Rollerblade, Prince and Killer Loop clothing brands, with the amount of 334 million U.S. dollars.
- Telecom Italia takeover raises concern at net La 7. Vivarelli, Nick // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/30/2001, Vol. 369 Issue 18, p12
Reports the takeover of Internet and television operator Telecom Italia by cable manufacturer Pirelli and clothing manufacturer Benetton in Italy. Impact of the takeover on the recently revamped La 7 network; Amount of the takeover deal; Resignation of Telecom Italia chief executive officer...