- Warm October Impacts Outdoor Product Sales. // NSGA Retail Focus;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p22
The article focuses on the impact of the warm-weather patterns in October on the retail sales of outdoor sports and recreation industry in the U.S. According to the Leisure Trends Group (LTG), the month's warmer temperature resulted to the increase of sales in running and paddlesports, along...
- Stand and Deliver. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p6
The article discusses the impact of new technologies, resort upgrades and creative customer service on the snow sports industry in the U.S. Efforts have been made by various vendors, retailers and industry leaders in order to outlive elitist image of snow sports. These group welcomes the masses...
- Living Up to the Promise. Hartford, James // SGB;Oct2006, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p4
The author reflects on the acquisition of the periodicals "Sporting Goods Business," "Sporting Goods Dealer," "Inside Sporting Goods," "Outdoor Business," and "Hunting Business" by The SportsOneSource Group in 2006. The article presents the author's focus on the value of the brand name and...
- Outdoor Performance Poised to Take Off. Cody, Tamika // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan2012, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p34
The article reports on the rise in merger and acquisition (M&A) deals in the market for sporting goods, athletic apparel, and outdoor performance sports. Nathan Pund, managing director at D.A. Davidson, said consumers continue to demand for outdoor gear because it is an extension of their...
- K2 Makes a Pitch to Buy Locally Based Fotoball USA. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;12/1/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p10
Announces K2 Inc.'s offer to purchase Fotoball USA, a San Diego-based maker of souvenirs, for about $17 million. Possible benefits for both companies; Other acquisitions of K2 including Rawlings Sporting Goods Co., Olin, Worth, Stearns, and Shakespeare.
- Good Gear. Walzer, Emily // SGB;Nov2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p66
Provides information on several sporting goods in late 2004. Core Protective Gear for men by Shock Doctor; Steripen water purifier; RS_2 sandal by Pearl Izumi; LiveStrong socks by Defeet; Head gear by Full90 Sports.
- Active Fusion. Walzer, Emily // SGB;Dec2005, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p32
The article offers a look at the blending of sport and street style that leads to subtle, sophisticated designs. The newest styles comfortably cross over from one activity to another which sees the mixture of technology with trendiness. This fusion has been adopted in all aspects in the clothing...
- Get It At Your Local NBS Store. Johnson, Jennie // NBS Nation's Best Sports Fish & Hunt;Winter2005, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p14
This article features the newest sporting goods equipment available at NBS stores in the U.S. as of December 2005. Among the products featured in this article include the Ameristep Stackhouse Blind which is ideal for hunting from sitting or standing position and Scent-a-Way Plus Fresh Earth...
- POINT 6. // SGB;Dec2012, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p23
The article offers brief information on several products in the sporting goods industry including the Kid's Hiking socks, the Flyer ultralight crew, and the Podium for cyclists.