The Road Ahead
- Lessons from the front: Powell addresses Greenwich youth. Toth, David // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/19/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 38, p7
The article highlights the speech delivered by retired General Colin Powell before 200 school students in Greenwich, Connecticut, during the "Conversations with Greatness: Pivotal People at Pivotal Moments," organized by the United States Trust, a money management company in the state. Powell...
- Colin Powell: Improving U.S. image abroad begins at home. Cebrzynski, Gregg // Nation's Restaurant News;6/13/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 24, p80
Highlights former United States Secretary of State Colin Powell's keynote speech at the National Restaurant Association's 2005 Restaurant. Hotel-Motel Show in Chicago, Illinois. Comments made by Powell on how one person can make a difference in helping the United States achieve a friendly image...
- SPEAKER FOR HIRE. // Fast Company;Feb2008, Issue 122, p33
The article previews a speaking engagement by ex-U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell at the International Franchise Association Annual Convention February 9-12 in Orlando, Florida.
- Powell to Get Things Started with Speech. // National Mortgage News;10/12/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p22
Reports on the plans of former secretary of state Colin Powell to share his views on the international community and the role of the U.S. as a democratic nation and world leader at the 2005 MBA annual in Orlando, Florida on October 24, 2005 . Reputation as a secretary of state; Career history;...
- Powell goes campaigning -- alongside Bush and Kerry -- at UNITY. Carrillo, Karen Juanita // New York Amsterdam News;8/12/2004, Vol. 95 Issue 36, p4
It's the campaign season, so there should have been little confusion about why Colin L. Powell, the first African American to serve as the U.S. Secretary of State, was able to make time in his busy schedule for a speech before the more than eight thousand journalists of color attending the...
- Address To The Republican National Convention. POWELL, COLIN // Vital Speeches of the Day;08/15/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 21, p651
Presents a speech by retired United States General Colin Powell at the 2000 Republican National Convention on the topic of moral strength and education.
- Appendix G: Iraq and Terrorism. // Patterns of Global Terrorism;2003, p157
An excerpt from the remarks of Secretary of State Colin L. Powell about Iraq and terrorism to the United Nations Security Council on February 5, 2003 is presented.
- Powell Dazzles Crowd With Memories, Insight Gained Over 50 Years Of Public Service. Freeman, Lisa // Credit Union Journal;3/17/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p19
The article presents a speech by Colin Powell, former U.S. secretary of state, delivered at the Credit Union National Association's (CUNA) Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) in Washington D.C., in which he discussed his memories and insights that he acquired during his 50 years in public service.
- Powell visits Vancouver. Saunders, Lucy-Claire // Asian Pacific Post;6/19/2008, p9
The article reports on the speech delivered by Colin Powell, former U.S. Secretary of State, at the Vancouver Trade and Convention Centre in British Columbia.