A big day in DC
- Whole Vehicle Type Approval will hit bodybuilding industry. // Commercial Motor;3/17/2011, Vol. 214 Issue 5424, p7
The article reports that the introduction of Whole Vehicle Type Approval legislation is expected to have a major impact on the vehicle bodybuilding industry in Great Britain.
- Record likely despite sales dip. // Professional Engineering;12/10/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p13
Reports records of purchases in car sales. Consideration of the statistics of cars registered by the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT); How the report of sale exceeded the total for the previous year; List of top 10 sellers.
- Operators Forum on cards for ATF owners. // Motor Transport;10/22/2012, p1
In this article, the authorised testing facility (ATF) operator and owner of the company Boleyn Transport Stephen Smith discusses the aims and objectives of a newly formed association of Great Britain's ATF operators called ATF Operators Forum which will address all the issues related to them.
- Improper modifications putting users at risk. // Motor Equipment News;Aug2010, p10
The article reports that the Motor Trade Association of New Zealand is persuading Transport Minister Stephen Joyce to introduce vehicle power restrictions for young drivers who carry out modifications improperly without understanding the effect the changes have on their vehicles.
- ASSOCIATION NEWS. // Motor Age;Aug2005, Vol. 124 Issue 8, p90
Presents an update on motor vehicle industry associations in the U.S. as of August 2005. Designation of Michael Cardone Jr. at the Motor & Equipment Manufacturers Association; Award received by the Mobile Air Conditioning Society publication "ACtion" for its January 2004 issue cover; List of...
- Worry over approval directive. // Automotive Engineer;Sep2006, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p11
The article reports that the trade associations which represent automotive companies have been concerned over the new policy on the type approval of vehicles in Great Britain. The trade associations have been worried that the new policy may hit smaller companies. The EC whole vehicle type...
- Committee tackles tow rating question. Weber, Rick // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;5/1/2014, p1
The article reports on questions being sought to the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Trailer Committee concerning the SAE J2807, Performance Requirements for Determining Tow-Vehicle Gross Combination Weight Rating and Trailer Weight Rating. Topics include role of J2807 in rating tow...
- MEETING DATES. // Modern Machine Shop;Oct2006, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p68
The article presents a schedule of meetings of interest to manufacturing industries in October 2006. The Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), the Alabama Aerospace Industry Association and the Alabama Automotive will sponsor the Collaborate 2006 conference at the Von Braun Center in...
- The New Automotive Landscape in China: Local Players Get In the Game. Zheng, Vivian // Automotive Design & Production;Apr2006, Vol. 118 Issue 4, p24
Provides information on the revised automotive policy of the government of China in 2006. Aim of the policy; Significance of the revised rules; Aspects to be considered by global original equipment manufacturers concerning the policy.